A Patient Care Technician (PCT) works under the directions of a registered nurse and is accountable for direct patient care. S/he receives directions from RN and physicians to perform particular nursing interventions in order to achieve treatment goals. Strong communication, interpersonal and definite time-management skills are necessary as the PCT needs to respond instantly to patient requests. This professionals required to notify patients regarding treatment procedure.
A successful PCT applicant should have the sufficient knowledge and education to carry out standard patient care activities. Knowledge and skills performing activities of daily living (ADLs) is prerequisite for this position.
Patient Care Technician Resume Overview
As a well-written resume along with a compelling PCT Cover Letter is a key to get a job. Therefore it is important to know what you are writing, why you are writing it, and what is anticipated as you write it.
Keep in mind that you need to understand the specific requirements of each section of Patient Care Technician Resume. A good resume for this position contains information regarding applicant’s contact information, career objective, major achievements, relevant education, and work experience.
The following resume for a Patient Care Technician will assist applicants on all career levels; i.e. new candidates having no work experience as well as experienced applicants.
Patient Care Technician Resume Sample
132 Example Avenue, Decatur, GA 65214
Contact #, Email Address
Seeking a Patient Care Technician position with Aspire Healthcare utilizing compassionate-care abilities and clerical skills while providing quality health services to patients.
• Over 3 years’ diverse experience in patient care field
• Hands-on experience in transcribing, documenting, and transmitting RN or physician’s orders
• Adept at taking vital signs; temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates
• In-depth knowledge of preparing, maintaining, and disseminating unit reports
• Proven record of preparing and maintaining the patient’s medical history
PATIENT CARE EXPERTISE
• Able to maintain comfort and privacy of patients during shift
• Highly skilled in maintaining a safe environment for patients and staff
• Demonstrated ability to answer phone and provide information to patients and families
• Comprehensive knowledge of developing a patient care plan
• Well versed in assisting in activities of daily living for patients
• Outstanding patient care abilities demonstrated through work in different healthcare facilities
• Particularly effective in performing well during emergency situations
|DeKalb Medical – Decatur, GA|
May 2011 – Present
Patient Care Technician
• Develop and maintain patient care plans as assigned by registered nurse.
• Report all patient related activity to the senior management in a timely manner
• Take and record patient’s blood pressure, pulse rate, weight, temperature, and respiration rate
• Maintain the safety of patients
• Inspect and clean work area
• Change dressings of patients
• Achieved patient recognition award – June 2012
• Improved the overall efficiency of facility by introducing new patient care techniques
|St. Vincent’s Hospital – East Birmingham, AL|
Jan 2010 – May 2011
Junior Patient Care Tech
• Provided direct patient care and indirect actions to assist smooth functioning of unit
• Took patients’ vital signs such as pulse, respiration, temperature and blood pressure
• Provided safe and expert care for patients regarding nutrition, hygiene needs
• Helped with the entrance, discharge and transfer of patients
• Ambulated, transferred and lifted patients
• Bathed and groomed residents
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Certified Nursing Assistant, (CNA)
East Birmingham High School, East Birmingham, AL
• Excellent Communication skills
• Compassionate nature
• Good attention to detail