A Patient Care Technician (PCT) is accountable for providing direct patient care. S/he receives directions from RN and physicians to perform particular nursing interventions in order to achieve treatment goals. Strong communication, interpersonal and time-management skills are necessary for position as a PCT needs to respond instantly to patient requests. This professionals are also required to educate patients regarding treatment procedure.
As a resume along with a PCT Cover Letter is usually required by employers to apply for this job. It is important to know what you are writing, why you are writing it, and what is anticipated as you write it.
Keep in mind that you need to understand the specific requirements of each section of Patient Care Technician Resume. A good resume for this position contains information of applicant’s contact information, career objective, major achievements, relevant education, and work experience.
The following resume for a Patient Care Technician will assist new candidates having no work experience as well as less experienced applicants.
132 Example Avenue, Decatur, GA 65214
Contact #, Email Address
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a Patient Care Technician position with Aspire Healthcare utilizing compassionate-care abilities and clerical skills to provide quality health services to patients.
• Over 3 years’ dedicated experience in patient care field
• Hands-on experience in transcribing, documenting, and transmitting RN or physician’s orders
• Adept at taking vital signs; temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates
• In-depth knowledge of preparing, maintaining, and disseminating unit reports
• Proven record of preparing and maintaining the patient’s medical history
PATIENT CARE EXPERTISE
• Able to maintain comfort and privacy of patients during shift
• Highly skilled in maintaining a safe environment for patients and staff
• Demonstrated ability to answer phone and provide information to patients and families
• Comprehensive knowledge of developing a patient care plan
• Well versed in assisting in activities of daily living for patients
• Outstanding patient care abilities demonstrated through work in different healthcare facilities
• Particularly effective in performing well during emergency situations
Patient Care Technician | DeKalb Medical, Decatur, GA | May 2014 – Present
• Develop and maintain patient care plans as assigned by registered nurse.
• Report all patient related activity to the senior management in a timely manner
• Take and record patient’s blood pressure, pulse rate, weight, temperature, and respiration rate
• Maintain the safety of patients
• Inspect and clean work area
• Change dressings of patients
• Achieved patient recognition award – June 2015
• Improved the overall efficiency of facility by introducing new patient care techniques
Patient Care Aide | St. Vincent’s Hospital – Birmingham, AL | Jan 2012 – May 2013
• Provided direct patient care and indirect actions to assist smooth functioning of unit
• Took patients’ vital signs such as pulse, respiration, temperature and blood pressure
• Provided safe and expert care for patients regarding nutrition, hygiene needs
• Helped with the entrance, discharge and transfer of patients
• Ambulated, transferred and lifted patients
• Bathed and groomed residents
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Alabama State Certified Nursing Assistant
Diploma: East Birmingham High School, East Birmingham, AL
• Excellent Communication skills
• Compassionate nature
• Good attention to detail