There are a few positions that you can work on in the HVAC (heat, ventilation and air conditioning) arena. You may work as an HVAC technician or a supervisor depending on your individual skills, experience and interest.
The position of an HVAC technician is by far the most popular one in this category so let us see what this position entails. HVAC technicians are required to possess complete knowledge of HVAC systems. They are expected to maintain, install and troubleshoot heating and cooling systems. These people work in any environment that has cooling and heating systems installed which is basically everywhere.
If you are a licensed HVAC technician, you want to take a look at this resume sample below for applying for a job in this capacity.
See also: HVAC Cover Letter
23 13th Street, Moline, IL 39100 • (999) 999-9999 • Email
❖❖ HVAC TECHNICIAN ❖❖
• 7+ years’ experience in installing, repairing and maintaining heating, cooling and refrigeration equipment.
• Hands on experience in diagnosing system problems and identifying equipment and solutions needed to rectify the problems.
• Competent at fabricating equipment parts in order to meet special needs.
• Highly skilled in performing both routine and preventive maintenance activities.
• CFC certified
• Demonstrated ability to interact with clients effectively
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Exceptional physical dexterity
• Working knowledge of Siemens Apogee systems
• Knowledge of basic engineering principles
• Amalgamated a complex heating system with the existing system in order to engender up-gradation
• Redesigned the entire heating, ventilating and cooling systems of the company thereby reducing overhead costs by 39%
May 2009 – Present
Core Aid – Moline, IL
• Maintain environmental conditions by installing and maintaining both heating and cooling systems
• Test, diagnose and repair problems in the system and propose relevant solutions
• Install electric and pneumatic control systems
• Manage installation of ducts for ventilation purposes
• Ensure proper running order of all systems
• Replace and rebuild faulty components
April 2008 – May 2009
ABC Company – Moline, IL
• Assisted HVAC technician in installing and managing cooling and heating systems
• Provided preventive maintenance solutions
• Assisted in engineering design services for ducts and other systems as appropriate
• Monitored duct pressures and external air pressures on a regular basis
• Managed paperwork associated with HVAC procedures
Diploma: ABC SCHOOL, Moline, IL – 2007