A resume for lab tech position highlights your relevant education, skills and qualifications. This is especially true for an entry level candidate who has little or no experience. An entry level Lab Technician’s resume needs to comprehensive and to the point.
Laboratory technicians are usually required to test and examine samples for the detection, analysis and treatment of diseases. As mentioned above, employers seek candidates with the appropriate skills, educational background and experience essential to carry out routine functions of the job. Therefore, your resume must be aligned with the specific requirements of prospective employer.
Look at the following example and this Lab Tech Cover Letter in order to get a better idea.
11 West Avenue ● Redmond, WA 91023 ● (000) 999-9999 ● robert @ email . com
OBJECTIVE: To obtain a position as a Lab Tech with AZ Healthcare utilizing relevant knowledge gained from education and training in a practical atmosphere.
• Thorough understanding of performing lab procedures and post experiment processes
• Adept at operating and maintaining lab equipment
• In-depth knowledge of preparing reports on laboratory activities
• Profound ability to resolve problems during production and testing procedures
• Proficient in explaining lab procedures to visitors
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Science | CONCORDIA COLLEGE, Redmond, WA – 2011
Phlebotomy Certification – 2012
Certified by the American Society of Clinical Pathology – 2012
Lab Intern | ABC labs – Redmond, WA | Summer 2011
• Assisted in collection of blood specimens and other biologicals for laboratory testing
• Received samples using the computer
• Performed phlebotomy
• Prepared samples for testing
• Entered reference lab values in the computer
• Maintained equipment appropriately
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Demonstrated customer service and public relation skills
• Good attention to detail
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities
• Profound ability to plan and schedule activities effectively
• Team oriented and organized