Computer Technicians provide first-line technical support to end users facing difficulties with computer hardware, software, applications and peripheral devices.
They are employed by software development companies, computer hardware manufacturers and retailers, call centers and information technology departments of private and public sectors. They also work for independent technical support companies or they might be freelancers.
When writing a cover letter for a computer technician resume, keep in mind that this is the first and final document which will prove your candidacy for the job and will pukk your resume on the top of pile.
655 Example 5th Street
San Diego, CA 62554
April 27, 2017
Ms. Belly Smith
LPL Financial Services
33 Some Street
San Diego, CA 65228
Dear Ms. Smith:
Your Computer Technician position demands the skills, qualifications, and technical knowledge that I have gained through 3 years’ hands-on work experience as a freelance PC Technician. A computer science graduate with A+ and MCITP certifications, I am eager to leverage my talents and experience to contribute to your bottom-line.
Based on my understanding of your organization and its technical support needs, here are some aspects of my background that seem most relevant:
• Hands-on experience in installing and troubleshooting software, hardware, network and peripherals issues
• Talented in installation and re-installation of operating systems, PC Imaging and configuration
• Demonstrated ability to ensure the antivirus is installed on every system, properly configured, frequently updated and working properly on all computers and servers
• Highly skilled in checking and installing LAN via UTP and handling backup logs
• Able to perform routine network maintenance tasks, help end users understand software
• Effectively liaise with vendors for warranty and troubleshooting issues
Besides these technical competencies, my excellent customer service and problem solving skills will help me contribute to your organization successfully. I take immense pride in managing workload and prioritizing multiple projects.
As you are looking for a highly professional and dependable Computer Technician who can become accustomed and contribute to your different departments, I hope you will consider my qualifications and credentials. I will contact you next week to follow-up on my application and possibly arrange an interview. In the mean time, I can be contacted at (000) 987-4532 or via email at john @ email . com.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to speaking with you.