Writing an effective resume for teacher assistant or paraeducator (with no prior experience) is a tricky task. To write an workable resume for entry level teacher, you need to give emphasis on your relevant education, transferable skills and strengths as well as your enthusiasm to work with children. Following are some tips and tricks along with a sample resume of teacher assistant with no experience.
Teacher Assistant Job Description
Teaching assistants are very important in classrooms of kids through high school. They give teachers an additional set of hands to keep an eye on the development of their students. They also help lead teachers perform lesson plans and give extra tutoring and support to individual students who require it.
Teacher Assistant Resume Writing Tips
First of all, include your objective statement and Strengths. Also include any volunteer or summer positions working with children and any formal education you have had in child development on your resume. This comprises college courses and conferences or seminars you have attended on child development and education. Talk about your language and computer skills as bilingual teacher assistants with good computer skills are in high demand.
Teacher Assistant Resume With No Experience
|SARA SMITH||22 Example Street, Milwaukee, WI 54774|
Cellular: (999) 999-9999
Email: sara @ email . com
CAREER OBJECTIVE: Seeking a position as a teacher assistant with Milwaukee Education Center where clerical expertise and strong commitment to the total development of children will be fully utilized.
Milwaukee Community College – Milwaukee, WI
AA, Early Childhood Education
• Highly skilled in assisting teachers in evaluating children’s social, emotional, or material needs
• Able to carry out the duties laid out in the classroom schedule
• In-depth knowledge of supporting the leading teacher in completing all child assessments and screenings
• Proven record of planning and carrying out preschool lessons
• Demonstrated ability of playing games, talking, and listening to children
• Thorough understanding of maintaining classroom supplies and facilities
• Comprehensive knowledge of assisting teachers and others in evaluation procedure
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• MS Word and Excel
• Skilled in finding appropriate materials on internet
Milwaukee Center for Independence – Milwaukee, WI | Summer 2011
Teacher Assistant – Volunteer
• Assisted the classroom teacher with all facets of instruction in classroom
• Assisted for the period of class lessons with behavior control, prompting and reinforcement
• Taught individual and small group lessons as directed by the teacher
• Supervised student arrival and departure as per school policy
• Assisted with clerical work and record keeping
CERTIFICATIONS / TRAININGS
• Infant and Child CPR
• AED training
REFERENCES available on request