A paraprofessional, alternatively known as a teacher’s aide, is employed by educational settings. They assist lead teacher in performing clerical work, making lesson plans and organizing extracurricular activities for children. It is a good point to start a promising career in the field of teaching.
The first challenge that an entry level paraprofessional faces to get a job is a resume. It might seem a difficult task in the start but with little guidance, the resume writing process becomes easy. When you have no experience in hand, you may mention your transferable skills and qualifications gained through education and daily life experiences. Write the same in a meaningful way that is appealing.
75 Hailey Lane, Bristol, CT 64833 | (004) 333-7777 | Email
Lively, cheerful and interactive individual with full of innovative activity based teaching ideas.
CAREER OBJECTIVE: Seeking a Paraprofessional position with a dynamic educational setting. Offers qualification and skills in teaching assistance, classroom management and communication with students.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Teacher’s Aide Training | Community College, Bristol, CT | 2015
Associate of Science in Elementary Education | City College, Bristol, CT | 2014
• Well-versed with general classroom procedures and duties of a paraprofessional in an educational setting
• Demonstrated ability to maintain classroom record, pupil portfolios and assessment charts in an organized manner
• Effective skills in providing assistance to the teacher in arranging extracurricular activities
• Proficient in designing various ‘fun to learn’ activities including role plays and puppetry
• Profound ability to incorporate acquisition of social and moral values in playtime activities
Substitute Paraprofessional (Honorary)
Bristol Educational Institute, Bristol, CT | Summer 2015
• Assisted the teacher in preparing for lesson
• Monitored disruptive behavior among children during class
• Recorded daily attendance of pupils
• Maintained individual student portfolios and assessment sheets
• Communicated with parents, teacher and school management on regular basis regarding progress and behavior of pupils
• MS Office Applications
• Chalk Waves
• Power Media Plus
• Windows, Internet and Email
• Well practiced in arranging parent teacher conferences and scheduling separate timings for every child’s parents
• Knowledge of physical and developmental growth milestones in children