A teacher’s job encompasses a whole lot. Teachers are responsible for planning, organizing, preparing and delivering instructional programs to students in order to facilitate learning and development. Teachers work in several roles; in schools, colleges, universities and as preschool, junior or senior school teachers.
Depending on the type of setting that they work in, teachers are required to establish and communicate clear learning objectives to their students. They do this by providing a variety of learning materials and resources and using relevant technology to support their instructions. Teachers are also required to observe students and evaluate their performance.
Teachers play a very important life in a student’s life. A good teacher can actually make more difference to a young mind than a good parent. Students identify very strongly with their teachers which makes it quite a challenging job to do. If you are a teacher and are looking for an objective statement to adorn your resume, you might need to keep all this in mind before you start writing.
Here are a few examples of resume objective statements for teachers:
Sample Objectives for Entry Level Teachers
• Kindergarten Teaching position with the Knowledge Learning Corporation utilizing Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education and demonstrated ability to plan and implement activities that promote the social, physical, and intellectual growth of children
• Seeking a position as a Math Teacher at Nashville High School utilizing capabilities in planning and implementing high quality mathematical lessons, analyzing and using data, and building strong relationships with students
• Looking for a teaching position at Astra School System. Offering high dedication to student development and relevant educational needs
Sample Objectives for Experienced Teachers
• Looking for a Preschool Teacher position with Little Sprouts making the most of extensive teaching experience to contribute to active learning of young minds
• To obtain a position as a Teacher at Napa Elementary School using hands-on experience in classroom management and expertise in curriculum development
• Seeking a teaching position with Acme High School where training and skills in active teaching methodologies will be fully utilized in order to provide students with a positive learning experience