A cover letter for teaching job is usually accompanied by a resume for job searches. This letter conveys your interest in teaching position while highlighting your most relevant qualifications, skills, accomplishments and capabilities.
In order to write a good cover letter for teacher position you should:
● Focus on the needs of the prospective employer, not your desires
● Highlight only your relevant qualifications and skills
● Summarize your experiences and accomplishments described in your resume – without copying the content from resume
● Demonstrate your enthusiasm to work for the organization
In addition, a cover letter provides the employer with a a sample of
● Your written communication skills
● How you will work in future i.e. if your cover letter is written poorly with lots of misspellings and errors, an employer will expect the same quality of work from you in future
The following cover letter for a Teacher resume is useful for those teachers who have no or little experience in hand. As you can see, it highlights skills and achievements in the bullet section of second paragraph to convince the employer.
65 Example Street, Newtonville, MA 65999
(999) 999-9999, anna.smith @ email . com
February 21, 2016
Mr. John Doe
Washoe County School District
24 New Street
Reno, MA 54741
Dear Mr. Doe:
My certification in elementary teaching, coupled with my experience in teaching arena, is among the primary assets I would bring to a Teacher position at Washoe County School District.
Through professional internships and academic coursework, I have acquired skills and experiences highly relevant to the elementary teacher’s position at Washoe County School District:
● Known for interacting warmly, and politely with students
● Adept at developing lesson plans, analyzing academic performance, and meeting with parents
● Demonstrated ability to implement a suitable curriculum which reflects observations and goals of children
● Proficient in all kinds of administrative and after-class work
I believe in achieving the school’s goals through participation, communication, teamwork, and motivation. The enclosed resume contains complete details of my teaching skills and capabilities.
As a knowledgeable and student-focused teacher, I would like to meet with you to discuss your expectations and my relevant teaching skills in detail. I will call your office next week to arrange a possible time of meeting. If you have any questions regarding my qualifications, please feel free to call me at (000) 121-4560.
Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.