Many candidates assume that the task of an effective resume writing is very complex and intimidating. Honestly, the process is somewhat tricky and one needs proper guidance in order to build an interview nailing resume. Here are a few ESL Teacher Resume Guidelines that will enable a better presentation of your candidacy for an ESL teaching position:
• Effective resumes are simple. The employers probably have half a minute for your resume. Facilitate them by sticking to an easy to read format.
• A good resume always focuses on the employer’s current needs. If there are no specifics in the ad, search them up on the net to find out their exact requirements for the position and address those.
• Success stories always sell and the most effective way of presenting these is through numbers. Do add at least a couple of quantified achievements.
ESL Teacher Resume Sample 1
560 Heathery Lane • Seattle, WA 34001 • (004) 333 – 2222 • grace @email . com
❖❖ ESL TEACHER ❖❖
Energetic and goal-focused education professional with solid qualifications in English Language Teaching. Track record of consistently improving the standard of second language acquisition among students through effective implementation of modern research based education impartment methods. Active member of the American ESL society. Fully up to date with latest research in effective teaching strategies applicable to ESL.
♦ Effective skills in 21st century technology classroom integration.
♦ Expert in beneficial instruction of the four language skills RWSL.
♦ Proficient in objective driven lesson planning and execution.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|– Classroom management||– Lesson planning||– Student coaching|
|– Language development||– Imparting lessons||– Creative writing|
|– Activity planning||– MS Office||– Public speaking|
|– Notebook Checking||– Attendance record||– Progress Reporting|
✔ Elevated the language proficiency levels by 65% in the secondary learner’s class through leverage of modern, research based teaching techniques.
✔ Issued the first edition of English magazine featuring the written contributions of second language learners with collaboration of secondary language learners and other ESL faculty.
✔ Identified a case of speech disorder and recommended timely speech therapy.
ALPHA INSTITUTE OF LINGUISTIC STUDIES, Seattle, WA
ESL Teacher, 7/2010 to Present
• Develop effective lesson plans for ESL classrooms
• Incorporate technology in daily lessons
• Initiate supportive learning activities for ESL students that aim at advancing their newly acquired L2 skills
ADVANCE COLLEGE, Seattle, WA
ESL Instructional Assistant, 3/2006 to 6/ 2010
• Assisted the ESL teacher in lesson planning and implementation
• Charted each student’s progress periodically by maintaining portfolios
• Facilitated the teaching process by ensuring availability of AV aids and communication of task and assignment instructions
IBM INSTITUTE OF LINGUISTICS, Seattle, WA, 2006
Masters of Arts in English
American association of ESL
International Institute for teacher’s training
ESL Teacher Resume Example 2
120 E 87th Street, New York, NY 10128
(999) 910-9009, Email
OBJECTIVE: A position of ESL Teacher at the McEvans High School. Offering extensive knowledge of English Language and ability to interact with children of diverse backgrounds.
• 3+ years’ experience as an ESL and English Language Teacher
• ESL Certified
• Demonstrated ability to work with the students in the International Student Programs
• Highly skilled in creating an environment suitable to the maturity, interest, and abilities of students
• Able to provide social and emotional support for English Language Learners
• Bilingual – Fluent in English and Mandarin
• Microsoft Office Suite • WordPerfect • Short story writing
• Improved spoken and written English of more than 300 students till date
• Reduced the number of high school failures in English as a subject by 40% within 2 years
• Resolved communication issues between native Spanish users and native English speakers within a student community at St Patrick’s High School in Fall 2000
• Liaised effectively between students, families, and staff
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
ESL Teacher | TESOL Training Center New York, NY | July 2010 – Present
• Teach English as a Second Language to multilingual classes of 6-15 students
• Tailor lessons according to student needs
• Conduct activities that target confidence, perception, vocabulary building, pronunciation practice and grammar
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
University of Massachusetts Amherst – 2007
Bachelor of Arts with Distinction in Educational Policy
TESOL certification – Fall 2009
New York State Teacher Certification – 2010
AWARDS / ASSOCIATIONS
• UMass Amherst Scholastic Publication Award – 1997
• Active Member of the American Anthropological Association having contributed various articles in term publications
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Creative thinker with great attention to detail
• Able to maintain emotional control under stressful situations