Exceptional student education or special education are terms widely used for students who may need more attention both academically and emotionally in order to help them cope with their surroundings. ESE teachers (exceptional student education teachers) are responsible for working with students who may have physical or cognitive disabilities that hinder them in leading normal lives. The job of an ESE is to make sure that these students are trained and helped in a way that will help their integration into society.
ESE teachers have a demanding job that keeps them on their toes on a constant basis. The need for compassion and patience is extremely high in this job as there are many times that students cannot help but make things quite difficult to manage. A major part of an ESE teacher’s job is to tweak a general education curriculum so that it meets the need and pace of special students. He or she will develop and implement appropriate curriculum aimed at fulfilling special needs. Most curriculums for special students include elaborate programs to teach students social skills and help them gain confidence.
If working as an ESE teacher is a challenge that you enjoy, you may want to look at the following resume objectives that can help you write your own when you prepare your resume.
Sample Objectives for ESE Teacher Resume
• Resourceful professional looking for a position as an Exceptional Student Education Teacher at Sava Special Education Institute. Offers inherent compassion and patience and the ability to assist students reintegrate into society by helping them develop necessary skills.
• Seeking an ESE Teacher position at Little Stars employing knowledge of creating and implementing individually based curriculum in order to help students with special needs in developing their social, academic and cognitive skills.
• ESE Teacher position with SOS Children’s Village. Bringing strong background in developing core curriculums and lesson plans targeted at helping developmentally challenged students to perform well in a social setting.
• To work as an ESE Teacher for The Rainbow Children utilizing knowledge of handling psychological limitations of students with a view to incorporation into society and help them in developing skills that can ensure their independence and self confidence.
• To obtain employment as an Exceptional Student Education Teacher with Camba Special School using strong background of handling the physical, cognitive, social, academic and psychological needs of students in order to help them be a workable part of society.