Childcare workers look after and care for children when parents and other family members are out of home. They care for children’s basic requirements, for example bathing and feeding. Additionally, some help children get ready for kindergarten, and several help older children with completing their homework.
If you want to apply for this job, you need a well-written resume and cover letter. Look at the following sample in order to create your Cover Letter.
Also See: Child Care Worker Resume
Child Care Worker Resume Cover Letter
61 Example Street
London ON S9G 9N1
August 31, 2011
Mr. John Doe,
Senior Manager HR
YWCA St. Thomas – Elgin
34 Example Avenue
St.Thomas, ON C2X W7A
Dear Mr. Doe:
I am contented to submit my job application and resume for the position of Child Care Worker in YWCA. Along with my Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid Certificate, and six month’s of hands on experience, I am confident in my ability to grow to be a central member of YWCA.
Through my summer jobs as a child care provider, I have acquired skills and experiences highly relevant to the Child Care Worker position at your organization. I have practical experience in the following tasks:
• Help with right eating, dressing and toilet habits of kids
• Submit printed observations on kids to manager
• Assist manager in keeping records of different activities of children
• Maintain day-care tools and help in tidiness duties
• Conduct and watch activity programs designed for little children
• Direct children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing craft materials
• Get and serve snacks
• Organize rooms and furnishings for lunch and rest periods
My enclosed resume provides the details regarding my specific Child Care skills.
As a fresh and passionate Child Care Worker, I welcome the chance to meet with you to talk about how my education, experience and skills that would be beneficial for YWCA. I can be reached at (999) 999-9999 in order to plan a meeting time that will best match your busy schedule. Additionally, I will get in touch with you by phone next week to follow-up. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Mary K. Brown
Enc. Resume and Reference Letter