Your resume ans cover letter for Autism Teacher position is your primary introduction to prospective employer. It conveys who you are, what qualifications and skills you possess and is helpful to the employer’s verdict to set up an interview to get to know you better. When sending your resume to a prospective employer, tailor it as per specific job requirements even if you are sending your resume through email.
In you Autism Teacher Resume, you should emphasize on your skills, experience and abilities in creating a flexible program and an environment positive to learning and individual development by encouraging students to build up skills, attitudes and knowledge required to get a good base for constant growth and development.
See the Autism Teacher Resume Sample below to get assistance in building an simple but attractive resume.
Related: Autism Teacher Cover Letter
35 Example Street, Caledonia, MI 65214
Contact #, Email Address
Strong devotion to the total development of special children and a high degree of dedication.
• Over 6 years’ experience in special education field
• Highly skilled in applying a range of instructional methodologies
• In-depth knowledge of educational principles as applied to students with emotional and learning problems
• Hands-on experience in evaluating the learning advancement of students on a regular basis
• Proven record of maintaining positive relationships with students, parents, district members and staff
• Demonstrated ability to handle children of different backgrounds
• Well versed in using effective classroom management techniques
• Thorough understanding of establishing apparent objectives for all lessons, assignments, units and projects consistent with curriculum goals
• Knowledge of district policies on vaccination, medication, first aid and emergencies
• Familiar with all laws, regulations and rules affecting teachers and students
Caledonia Community Schools – Caledonia, MI | Nov 2011 – Present
Teacher of Autism
• Participate in the development and execution of the district program of instruction
• Plan and implement a program of study that fulfill requirements, interests and abilities of students
• Guide the learning procedure toward the attainment of curriculum goals.
• Set up and maintain standards of suitable student behavior and discipline
• Set-up effective learning programs
• Assess the activities of students on a regular basis and provide development reports
• Administer standardized tests appropriate to the district testing program
• Communicate with parents regarding students’ academic, social and behavioral development
• Make use of instructional techniques and materials that are most suitable for meeting stated objectives
NHS Human Services – Ellsworth, PA | May 2010 – Nov 2011
Junior Autism Teacher
• Created a classroom environment that was favorable to learning and suitable to the development and interests of students
• Provided directions and materials for senior teachers
• Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
• Cooperated with employees and support workers in assessing and helping students with physical condition, attitude, learning and behavioral problems
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
University of Miami, Caledonia, MI – 2009
Major: Special Education
Behavior Disorders Certification
First Aid and CPR
Miami’s Drivers License
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Profound knowledge of financial procedures and legal requirements
• Superb flexibility, organization, decision making and problem solving skills
• Able to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects simultaneously and organize the work of co-workers
Proficient in MS Office Suite