Desktop Support Specialist Job Description
Desktop / PC / Computer Support Specialists offer technical support to employees or customers for computers, associated networks and peripherals. S/he Installs, troubleshoots and repairs personal computers, laptops, networking equipment such as switches and servers, software and connectors.
How to Write a Good Resume for Desktop Support Specialist position?
A Desktop Support Specialist Resume is the primary tool of job hunting process. Therefore, a well-crafted resume along with an attractive and compelling Desktop Support Cover Letter is what transport you in the door to the employment interview. Keep in mind that your resume must be short and to-the-point; the longer the resume, the less interest of the reader and eventually lessen the importance of the applicant’s credentials. As desktop support field is too large and you cannot mention all of your skills in one page – so always tailor and adjust your resume to the specific requirements of the employer.
Look at the following template which will give you a clear idea.
Also See: Computer Support Specialist Resume
Desktop Support Specialist Resume Sample
36 Example Ave #3S, Alexandria, VA 65287
Contact #, Email Address
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a position as a Desktop Support Specialist at the University of Alexandria where excellent hardware and software skills can be fully utilized to maximize the end user satisfaction.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• 3+ years of extensive experience in supporting computers and networks
• A+, MCSE and CCNA Certified
• Highly skilled in troubleshooting hardware, software, LAN, WAN and operating system issues
• In-depth knowledge of branded and non-branded PCs, laser printers, laptops, and peripherals and bar-code scanners
• Hands-on experience in hardware repairs such as video cards, motherboards, and hard drives in addition to a number of software programs
DESKTOP SUPPORT SKILLS
• Demonstrated ability to provide user support by means of remote access tools
• Proven skills in Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2007/2010 and Antivirus software
• Able to configure and use Microsoft Enterprise, Active Directory and IBM Lotus Notes
• Documented success in responding all inquiries and tickets in a timely manner
• Reorganized help desk procedures, shortening response time from 30 to 15 minutes
• Designed and implemented a new network strategy
• Trained and coordinated activities of 5 help desk personnel, whose efforts resulted in good user experience
L-3 Communications – Alexandria, VA | Dec 2010 – Present
PC/Desktop Support Specialist
• Provide support to end users relating to hardware and software, computer applications, LAN components and peripherals
• Carry out on-site analysis, identification, and resolution of difficult desktop problems for end users
• Supervise complaint ticketing system and follow timely resolution of all work orders
• Install, organize, test, maintain, check and troubleshoot end user workstations and interrelated hardware and software
• Recommend and apply solutions, including on-site repair for remote users
MedCentral Health System – Mansfield, OH | Sep 2008 – Dec 2010
Help Desk Technician
• Provided end-user technological support for computer and LAN related issues
• Setup, deployed, and maintained of end-user machines
• Assisted in discovery, research and resolution of technical issues.
• Monitored and responded phone and e-mail requests for technical support
• Maintained Help Desk specific applications and assisted in refining procedures
BSc. in Computer Science – CGPA 3.45
University of Alexandria, Alexandria, VA – 2008
• Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with at all levels of employees and management
• Exceptional customer service skills