The basic job of a hairdresser is to provide hair care services to their clients. This includes cutting, trimming, shampooing, coloring and styling. Many hairdressers also provide cosmetology services such as facials, manicures and pedicures, and sell retail beauty products. The work of a hairdresser depends on the specific job description provided by employer.
Resumes for hairdresser positions need to reflect expertise in hair styling in a fast paced environment.
The resume sample below will provide you with information on how to write your own.
| 5772 Fink Street, Marion, KS 77811
(999) 999-9999, cara @ email . com
❖❖ HAIRDRESSER ❖❖
Offering great haircuts along with extraordinary customer service.
Summary: Versatile and resourceful hair care expert with 9+ years’ hands-on experience in providing hairdressing and cosmetology services to clients from multicultural backgrounds. Successful track record in providing hair cutting and facial beauty solutions in keeping with latest fashion and trends. A friendly individual who has excellent communication skills aimed at ensuring recurring business and building client loyalty.
• Efficiently provides needs based consultation services
• Adept at analyzing customers’ hair and physical features to suggest hair styles and recommend treatments
• Expert in using specialized equipment such as hair irons, curlers and steamers
• Well versed in administering therapeutic spa services aimed at providing a feeling of well-being
• Provided hairdressing value models at the World Fashion Month Festival held in Washington, DC in 2012
• Led a team of professional hairdressers at the Hair Fashion Seminar in 2011
• Trained three groups of new hires in providing spa services over a period of five years
• Revamped the spa’s customer scheduling system by introducing online databases through which customers can get appointments remotely
Hairdresser | VOGUE, Marion, KS | 6/2008 – Present
• Confer with clients to determine their styling needs
• Suggest possible hairstyles in accordance to clients’ face structures
• Cut, trim and shape hair as per clients’ demands
• Provide shampooing and coloring services
• Upsell hair care and other salon products
• Provide customers with information on various products and their benefits
• Administer therapeutic services such as oiling and massaging
• Make hairstyles according to clients’ instructions
• Operate cash registers by receiving payments for services rendered
Apprentice Hairdresser | ABC Spa, Marion, KS | 3/2007 – 6/2008
• Provided front desk support to the spa by greeting clients and providing information on spa services
• Provided clients with appointments and made follow up calls to confirm appointments
• Assisted the hairdresser during procedures by handing instruments and products
• Shampooed and dried clients’ hair prior to hairstyling
• Mixed ingredients for hair dyes and perms
• Handled cash and provided service receipts
Kansas State Licensed Cosmetologist
GED | Marion Public School, Marion, KS – 2007