Hair stylists perform many duties such as; confer with clients, determine their requirements and provide suggestions on how to meet those needs. They also provide clients with education on hair care needs. Some of the services that a hair stylist provides are cutting, trimming, styling, shampooing and rinsing. They use a variety of tools and equipment to manage perform these duties – hair dryers, straightening irons and trimmers are just some of the tools that they use to assist them in carrying out their work.
They are required to be licensed as cosmetologists as employers look for appropriate qualifications as they look at a hair stylist resume. The following resume sample for a hair stylist position will guide you how to write a good resume.
8917 Crug Lane ● Fort Wayne, IN 66382 ● (000) 525-8788 ● pope @ email . com
Hair Cutting/Styling ♦ Chemical/Scalp Treatments ♦ Skin/Nail Care
PROFILE: Energetic and competent professional with 5+ years’ hands-on experience in hair cutting, trimming, shampooing and rinsing. Key proficiencies include:
• Well-versed in modern and novel hair styling techniques
• Highly skilled in determining clients’ needs for hair care and styling
• Adept at using a variety of chemicals and herbs for hair care treatments
• Profound know-how of providing after-care education to clients
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|● Cutting||● Styling||● Coloring|
|● Highlighting||● Permanent Waves||● Straightening|
|● Up-dos||● Communication||● Customer Service|
• Latest salon techniques
• Responding to guest inquiries in a timely, friendly and effective manner
• Maintaining records, inventories and supplies
• Cleanliness of work area
Hair Stylist | Tony and Guy, Fort Wayne, IN | Mar 2010 – Present
• Receive clients as they arrive.
• Confer with clients to determine their individual hair care needs.
• Provide cutting and styling services.
• Provide services such as bleaching, coloring and conditioning.
• Manage hair straightening and perms.
• Suggest hair care products and attempt to sell salon’s retail products.
• Provide hair coloring services.
• Provided hair styling training to five groups of newly hired trainee hair stylists over a three year period.
• Introduced novel styling equipment to the salon as part of its revamp efforts.
Hairstyling Apprentice | ABC Hair Saloon, Some City, IN | Sep 2009 – Mar 2010
• Greeted clients as they arrived and took preliminary information.
• Recorded clients’ personal and contact information.
• Assisted in performing hair care treatments.
• Managed cleaning up activities after hair care appointments.
• Ensured appropriate cleaning and sterilization of cutting and trimming equipment.
• Commended by the salon’s oldest patron on providing excellence in support services to the hair stylist.
• Attained sales targets of the salon by endorsing its products to clients and patrons.
EDUCATION & LICENSURE
Cosmetology License from Aesthetics Cosmetology Institute, Fort Wayne, IN
Diploma: ST. MARY’S HIGH SCHOOL, Fort Wayne, IN – 2005
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Track record of building and maintaining strong relationships with customers