• An outdated or hurriedly written resume for student assistant position reflects a lazy candidate. Don’t do this to your candidacy. Update your student assistant resume periodically to comply with the modern day job market.
• Do not go beyond one page in length; lengthy resumes are boring.
• Include your cellular phone number instead of landline number. It is the mobile age! You really do not want the employer to call at your home while you might not be home?
• Dense text boxes are too heavy. Reduce the content into concise bullet points or even better, in tabular pointers.
• If your resume still mentions ‘references available upon request’, please come out of the Stone Age. The references can be provided if and when the employer demands them, it’s understood.
Following is a student assistant resume sample for your guidance.
See also: Student Assistant Cover Letter
699 Josephine Ave • Durham, NC 76404 • (004) 333-2222 • katherine @ email . com
✲✲ STUDENT ASSISTANT ✲✲
SUMMARY: Dedicated and meticulous professional with 5+ years’ progressive experience in clerical and student assistance arena. Well-versed in typing correspondence, updating campus website and keeping the students and staff informed regarding the upcoming events. Track record of providing high quality campus life events planning and management support.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Exam Proctoring ~ Attendance Checking ~ MS Office Suite ~ Budget Handling ~ Newsletter Generation ~ Student Mobilization ~ Media Projection ~ Event Promotion ~ Sponsorship Coordination ~ Student Retention
Collaborate with various campus departments for co programming, ensure timely planning and ample projection of upcoming campus life events among the target student population. Design and create content for the weekly and monthly newsletters covering campus life activities and events.
• Enhanced students’ enrollment in various clubs including the sports and literacy clubs by 55% through proactive promotion of the same.
• Optimized images of activities at the summer camp effectively using photo shop which was highly commended by the media manager.
Created promotional content to be published, circulated fliers and displayed banners in the campus for upcoming events. Promoted various campus life events among students, proctored exams and scanned question papers for virtual department.
• Covered the inter departmental co curricular competitions expertly and designed the e-newsletter covering the event creatively within one day of the event.
• Attained the most energetic student assistant title in 2010.
DURHAM UNIVERSITY, Durham, NC – 2011
COLUMBUS COLLEGE, Durham, NC – 2009
A.S., Office Management
56 Okemo Hts, Ludlow, VT 63553
(900) 999-9999, Email
OBJECTIVE: To obtain a Student Assistant position at Vermont State University utilizing administrative and secretarial skills derived from on-campus co-curricular involvement.
• Functional knowledge of reception duties and mail handling
• Professional attitude and appearance
• Proven ability to manage filing systems and scheduling activities
• Enrolled in 8 credits including 2 business education programs
• Knowledge of assisting in planning and logistics of university event planning
• Computer: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
• Excellent administrative and clerical acumen
• Knowledge of student enrollment procedure
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
• Ability to type 50 WPM
• Excellent multitasking and organizational skills
Vermont State University – Ludlow, VT
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration | In progress – 3rd Semester
CAMPUS INVOLVEMENT AND VOLUNTEER WORK
• Active member of the science and business clubs
• Worked as a community server at the SOS Children’s Village for three months
• Active member of the debating society
• Managed workshops for educational development
• Captain of the university soccer team