Telecommunications specialists are required to install and maintain communication systems (both voice and data) within a company. They ensure that a company’s equipment works flawlessly together and is free of bugs.
You will find telecommunications specialists assisting in constructing and developing new telecommunication facilities by installing electronic devices and complex telephone systems.
If you are seeking a job as a telecommunications specialist, you may use the following resume sample to prepare a good application.
1092 Reneau Way, Herndon, VA 22222
Cell: (999) 999-2099, Email:
SUMMARY: Energetic, reliable and adaptable telecom professional with hands on experience in installing and maintaining complex telecom systems. Adept at designing, engineering and deploying system integration between computers and telephones. Well versed with theories, principles, practices, and techniques of telecommunications technology.
Cannon Solutions, Herndon, VA | February 2009 – May 2013
• Install data modems, PCs and other telecommunication gadgets
• Troubleshoot problems with all components as and when needed
• Install and program telephone equipment such as OPX telephone extensions
• Maintain communications equipment as and when required
• Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment
• Analyze towers and antennas to ensure quality broadcast
• Manage integration of various computer components to facilitate communication
Cannon Solutions, Herndon, VA | February 2008 – January 2009
• Assisted in installation of cabling systems
• Oversaw telecommunications closets’ building
• Tested and troubleshot telecommunication systems
• Tested and evaluated newly installed telecommunications and other integrated systems
Bachelor’s Degree in Telecom Engineering
Virginia State University, Herndon, VA – 2007
• Adept at reading blue prints and interpreting manuals
• Demonstrated ability to work independently in a time efficient manner
• Knowledge of the practical application of engineering principles
• Exceptional interpersonal skills