With the advent of social media like Facebook, Twitter and other tools and applications, many new job positions have been created to make functional use of these services. A social media specialist is hired to market a company’s service or product on the social media and is required to possess sound knowledge of the different ways to do this.
When applying for a Social Media Specialist position, the candidate will need to put all his skills and qualifications in a resume to be able to qualify for the job. Let us see how:
Douglas Miller Jr.
7811 Courthouse Road, Arlington, VA 88999, (999) 999-9999, Email
CAREER OBJECTIVE: Seeking a Social Media Specialist position with Tools where I may be able to apply my knowledge of marketing practices as used with modern technology.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Excellent knowledge of collaborating with both internal and external sources to strategize social media content
• Highly skilled in overseeing daily management of social media content
• Functional knowledge of optimizing social media impact and engagement activities
• In depth know how of working with digital marketing teams to optimize influencer programs
• Excellent understanding of Internet and social media channels
EXCELLENCE IN MARKETING THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA
• Increased the company’s sales by 12% in six months by employing effective media marketing strategies.
• Trained a team of five new employees in order to assist with media marketing.
Media Partners – Arlington, VA
Social Media Specialist, August 2009 – Present
• Identify, evaluate and monitor relevant social media channels
• Implement strategies for using social media channels for marketing purposes
• Establish relationships with online communities by identifying key influences
• Manage social media properties such as Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace and twitter
• Assist in moderating forums
• Prepare status reports
Virginia State University, Arlington, VA
Bachelor’s in Business Administration – 2007
Majors: Information Technology
Minors: Social Media Management
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND STRENGTHS
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Exceptional customer service ability
• Self directed and highly organized
• Detail oriented with great capability to multitask