Child life specialists work with children and their families in order to provide counseling services when a child is going through crises such as a health condition or social trauma.
People working at this position are highly qualified counselors and usually possess a degree in child psychology.
Below is a resume sample that you can use in order to apply for Child Life Specialist job.
Sample Resume for Child Life Specialist
9216 Percheron Road, Chelmsford, MA 66663
(000) 999-9999, Email
OBJECTIVE: Looking for a position as a Child Life Specialist with Advise Us utilizing brilliant educational background in child psychology and experience in managing inner conflicts in order to manage a healthy mental life for children.
• 6+ years’ progressive experience in child and parents counseling
• Functional knowledge of facilitating orientation, adjustment and support for patients
• Highly skilled in providing medical procedure preparation, support and accompaniment
• Well versed in modeling developmentally appropriate interactions for patients
• Hands on experience in assisting children and families overcome traumatic physical and mental experiences
• Conducted several workshops on Child Trauma Care in order to bring about awareness for the masses
• Handled multiple cases of extreme health trauma by assisting children with day to day living and functioning education
Child Life Specialist | Child Health Care, Chelmsford, MA | March 2007 – Present
• Manage initial assessment and patient activity programs
• Follow developed medical regime
• Utilize safe treatment techniques
• Develop therapeutic relationships with patients
• Plan activities for assigned developmental age appropriate groups
• Evaluate group and individual effectiveness of treatment
• Manage interactive programs for patients
Bachelor’s of Child Psychology
University of Manchester, Chelmsford, MA
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of information
• Ableto relate well with a diversity of people
• Excellent organizational skills