A resume for a special education teacher is your primary introduction to the employer. If written precisely and appropriately, it will bring an interview to you.
There are some things that you cannot put in a resume of Special Education Teacher; it is alright to put them in a CV but since a resume is a shorter document, it needs to be more focused and less sketchy. Headings such as references, publications and extensive course work can be referred to in a Cover Letter for Special Education Teacher but should not be included in a resume. You may refer to these at the interview or provide information on them in attachments though.
Special Education Teacher Job Description
These teachers give special students with proper learning activities and experiences that will allow them to accomplish their potential for logical, expressive, physical and social growth. They also develop student ability level teaching materials through modified set of courses and ready lesson plans.
The following template will guide you how to write a Special Education Teacher Resume.
Special Education Teacher Resume Example
1234 Maple Avenue – Rapid City, SD 82828
Cellular: (010) 000-9999, gracy.1 @ email . com
To obtain a position as a Special Education Teacher with Uplift Education utilizing expertise in the social, educational and psychological development of special children in to enhance their self worth and make them a valuable member of the society.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over 5 years’ progressive experience working with special students
• Highly skilled in planning, organizing and presenting activities to contribute to students’
• Able to design, write and make use of instructional, therapeutic and skill development program for assigned students
• Demonstrated ability to comprehend that learning styles and student requirements are met through creation and implementation of proper instructional and learning plans, actions, materials and tools
|• Lesson Planning||• Test Designing||• Lab Setup|
|• Classroom Organization||• Student Evaluation||• Record-keeping|
Rising Sun – Rapid City, SD | January 2007 – Present
Special Education Teacher
• Provide direct services to students with special needs
• Organize and communicate class targets, objectives and requirements and ensured their successful achievement
• Administer tests and conduct evaluations to understand level and type of disability
• Prevent and intervene in student altercations and incidents in order to comply with discipline
• Ensure all appropriate measures regarding all needs are being employed for special students
• Trained and placed a team of 22 entry level special education teachers as part of a training workshop held at Rising Sun
• Achieved 90% success rate of providing near normal lives to students with special needs
ABC College, Rapid City, SD
Associate in Education – 2006
Majors: Special Education
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
• Profound ability to formulate eligibility recommendations for special students
• Able to communicate effectively both orally and written
• Proven record of making decisions in accordance to board policies and established procedures
• Self motivated