Your resume for an entry level Software Developer position is the most probably the first impression on your employer. Hiring managers receive lots of resumes for a Software Developer job and promptly scan resumes ahead of moving on to the next one. For that reason, a resume for a software developer, with no prior experience, should include relevant keywords, phrases and elements that give recruiters a good sign of your potential as a successful employee.
The following template for software developer resume will assist entry level and fresh candidates in writing their effective resume.
Software Developer Resume – No Experience
351 Example Street – Norcross, GA 54412
Cell: (999) 544-7777 ● Email:
Seeking a software developer position with Concept Software & Services where my education, qualifications and acquired skills will be utilized to their best to improve the company’s overall performance.
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, June 2012
Minor: Software Development
University of California, San Diego
• Demonstrated ability to analyze, design, and develop client/server side web based applications and IVR using Object Oriented Programming
• Able to develop and optimize IVR, Java applications using VXML, Java, J2EE and XML
• Hands-on experience in developing reports for a variety of IVR applications using BIRT tool, Java, XML and Eclipse
• Track record of writing stored procedures and packages
• In depth knowledge of scheduling jobs on Oracle database using TOAD
• Excellent communication and inter personal skills.
• Exceptional leadership qualities, a team player, self-motivated, adaptability and flexibility in working environment.
• Profound commitment and determination towards work
• Well organized and able to meet deadline
• Good analytical power and comprehensive problem solving abilities
Programming Languages: C, C++, CORE JAVA, HTML, JSP, ORACLE
Operating Systems: Windows 7, XP, Vista,
Office Tools: MS Project, MS Project, MS Office Suite
INDUSTRY ORIENTED MINI PROJECT
Project Title: Asset Management Admin Module
Language Used: Java, JSP, HTML
Database Used: Oracle
• Lead a team of 5 members
• Performed coding and testing
• Implemented security requirements
• Participated in several paper presentations
• Involve in a number of presentations and group discussions