The position of a Fine Dining waiter, waitress or Server is accountable for exceeding expectations of both internal and external customers and to make sure that the uppermost level of service is constantly provided. Teamwork is the key to victory in providing a warm and special experience.
Working in a fine dining business is an excellent job for entry level candidates or those having no prior experience in addition to other hospitality professionals.
A well-written resume is very important to get a position as a server. In a Fine Dining Server Resume, make emphasis on your skills in food and customer service, cash management.
Always keep your resume simple; it should not be longer than one page. It must be tailored to the specific needs of prospective employer. Look at the following sample which is useful for both experienced and inexperienced candidates.
63 Example Street, Miami, FL 65221
Contact #, Email Address
FINE DINING SERVER
• Energetic, dynamic professional with 3 years of waiting experience in fast paced restaurant environment
• Exceptional communication and customer service skills
• Highly skilled in taking food and beverage order correctly and in a suitable fashion and enter orders in POS
• Competent at handling monitoring the flow of patrons and food and beverage items
• Hands-on experience in maintaining sanitation and excellent condition of utensils, work area, and dining room
• Proven record of delivering food and drinks to the guest in a friendly and specialized manner in line with hotel standards
• Able to handle financial transactions correctly
• Demonstrated ability to utilize suggestive selling techniques
• Able to follow cash, credit card, and room charge procedures
• Bilingual: Spanish and English
• Technical: MS Word and Excel
May 2013 – Present
Fontainebleau Resorts – Miami, FL
Server – Fine Dining
• Take food and beverage orders to guests
• Relay orders to kitchen staff and bartender
• Enter order into POS and follow-up on food preparation
• Ensure correct and quick delivery of orders
• Anticipate guests’ needs
• Prepare bill and deliver to patrons
• Sanitize, reorganize, and uphold station during shift
High School Diploma – 2013
• Able to work efficiently in a team
• Possess high level of accuracy and attention to detail