The basic job of cocktail server is to take orders of beverages and drinks and then serve in a professional and friendly manner.
A large number of students apply for this position after graduation or during vacations.
People who are thinking of apply for this position, but have no experience in hand, will need to ensure that they mention their transferable skills, core competencies and relevant strengths in the resume.
The following example will show how it can done in effective manner.
OBJECTIVE: Looking for a Cocktail Server position at the Camelback Restaurant. Bringing fun and friendly personality, and the ability to serve food and beverages in a highly stimulating hospitality environment.
Diploma: ST. LOUIS HIGH SCHOOL, Terrace Park, OH – 2015
• Familiar with standards of proper beverage service
• Excellent ability to comprehend timely need of beverage re-filling
• Special talent for maintaining a high quality of guest services
• Good knowledge of stocking stations and managing general customer requests
• Taking and filling drink
• Extensive knowledge of the drinks
• Knowledge about the food and drink prices
• Proven ability to serve food, replenish snacks, empty ashtrays and bus tables
• Vigilant approach: Able to maintain safety of the premises
• Excellent communication skills
• Friendly personality – easy to get along with
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
• Able to work “on feet” for long periods of time
• Excellent ability to multitask
• Volunteered as Big Sister at a local hospital
• Served as a volunteer for the school administrative office
• Worked voluntarily for the school cafeteria
• Honor List 2011-2012
• Member of the School Drama Club
• President of the Shop Society