A Cocktail Server is accountable for taking food and beverage orders. S/he carries out all other responsibilities as directed by the management of hotel or as assigned by organization. This is a non-exempt position and normally reports to the Store Manager or General Manager as per local requirements.
Following is a very detailed resume example of a cocktail server. You may exclude the content which is not required by employer. This is a universal Cocktail Server Resume fulfills the requirements for any employer throughout the world.
61 West Street, New Orleans, LA 98777
(999) 999-9999, [Email]
Reliably achieving outstanding hospitality service standards.
SUMMARY: Dynamic and extremely capable Cocktail Server with 2+ years’ extensive experience in high volume environments of different hotels and bars. Track record of greeting guests in a respectful manner and serving food and beverages professionally. A team-player who is able to coordinate with the kitchen to ensure well-timed service and quality of the food. Proven ability to maintain the quality of service all times.
• Thorough knowledge of food and beverage terminology and service techniques
• Highly skilled in maintaining knowledge of all menus, ingredients and preparation methods
• In-depth knowledge of setting up assigned station with supplies
• Able to give accurate and detailed information of products
• Well versed in inspecting presentation of all beverage and food items
• Took food and beverage orders from patrons, place and delivered orders quickly
• Checked back after delivery of food to make sure maximum guest satisfaction
• Observed guests to reply to any extra needs
• Presented check for payment and provided change
• Kept station clean, set up and took down station tables properly
• Maintained table appearance by pre-bussing, checked drink levels, removed clutter and provided sufficient napkins
Attained server of the month award – Jan 2012
• Served a range of beverage and food items efficiently
• Monitored guests at all times, predicted their needs and quickly responded to requests
• Prepared and presented precise, complete guest check
• Completed end of shift income report and cash deposit
• Suggestively up-sold beverage and food items to guests
• Cleaned dirty glassware and plates to proper dish wash area and sorted same for washing
• Recorded all aspects of guests order correctly and entered guest orders into computer
Associate of Arts in Hospitality | XYZ COLLEGE, Portland, OR – 2009
• Basic computer skills: Microsoft Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to work flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
• Language: English and Conversational German