A well-crafted resume is important for every job seeker applying for a security guard job. In fact a good resume format with exact phrases and sections has the potential to get you an interview. On the other hand, a generic resume can substantially reduce the chances of getting the job of your dream.
Security Guard Resume Formats
There are 4 common formats/styles for a Security Guard’s Resume:
1. Chronological: This format is suitable for highly experienced candidates. It focuses on applicant’s work history in reverse chronological order.
2. Functional: This is a skills based format. It emphasize on applicant’s transferable skills as well as experience. This is best choice for career changers or those applicants who have less or no experience.
3. Combination: It is the combination of both of the chronological and functional formats. It contains relevant skills as well as details of applicant’s work history.
4. Targeted: This format is customized to a security guard job with a particular company. This type of resume usually begin with a targeted objective statement. It revolve around your talents directly related to prospective employer’s needs.
The following targeted resume samples for a security guard position are specifically designed to entice the hiring manager. Feel free to select one and modify it as per requirements of employer.
|FRANCESCO ANDREW||Cellular: (000) 999-9140|
Email: fran @ email . com
|244 Example West Street|
Houston, TX 65221
OBJECTIVE: Looking for a challenging position as a Security Guard at SEC Security utilizing a vigilant eye and extensive experience in security services to ensure the safety of people and property.
• Over 9 years’ diverse experience in safeguarding the life and property
• Texas Security Guard Training Certificate
• First Aid and CPR Certified
• Current Driver’s License with clean driving record
• Committed to ensure safety of assigned premises
SECURITY RELATED SKILLS
• Performing patrol duties within assigned areas to guard against theft, shoplifting, vandalism and fire
• Handling emergency situations effectively; medical emergencies, accidents and other threats
• Managing security systems in order to prevent theft, violence and vandalism
• Using different alarms for security purposes
• Observing all activities at premises and reporting any suspicious circumstances
• Oral, verbal and written communication abilities
• Bilingual – English and Spanish
• Exceptional attention to detail
SAFE Inc. – Houston, TX Dec 2011 – Present
• Patrol the premises and adjacent areas
• Direct traffic to and from the main building
• Perform safety inspections in order to flail off any negative activity
• Check identity cards of personnel before admitting into the building
• Investigate and report any nefarious activity
• Take necessary action on spot when needed
• Identified new positions for security cameras – Decreased potential threats by 40%
• Trained 20 new Security personnel
Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center – Patchogue, NY Jan 2007 – Dec 2011
• Controlled access to hospital premises, issued security passes and directed visitors to appropriate department
• Attended to persons/patients with special needs
• Patrolled assigned areas and kept an eye on suspected activities
• Ensured protection of children crossing roads
• Checked identification of visitors
• Operated security control-room equipment to monitor hospital activities
Houston Law College – Houston, TX – 2007
Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice
• Capable of preparing detailed report and record
• Proven record of performing duties efficiently under stressful conditions
Member: National Association of Security Professionals
5622 Ivy Lane ● Plano, TX 49392 ● (008) 555-4444 ● david @ email . com
❖❖ SECURITY GUARD ❖❖
Verifiable track record of delivering exceptional security service.
Professional Summary: High-energy IAHSS certified security professional with 4+ years of hands-on experience in protecting lives and property of clients. Familiar with basic security and civil law with demonstrated skills in exerting control over factors causing unrest. Current Driver’s License holder with reliable vehicle and clean MVR. Multilingual: English, French, Spanish.
Areas of Expertise
|• Metal detector||• Security alarm handling||• Patrolling services|
|• Property security||• Entrance authorization||• Threat identification|
|• Emergency response||• Incident reporting||• Security cameras|
Security Guard | CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL, Denver, CO | 2012 to Present
• Reduce security breaches and property loss by 70% through effective surveillance and fool proof patrolling routines
• Timely respond to a supplies theft issue and identified the person responsible by closely watching surveillance videos
• Respond to security alarms and handle disturbances, monitor and authorize entrance and departure of visitors and staff
• Call police and fire departments in case of emergency and ensure premises security at all times
Patrolling officer | US SECURITY ASSOCIATES, Denver, CO | 2010 to 2012
• Implemented a daily log keeping system that ensured 100% recording of all incidents taking place during duty hours.
• Identified a damaged wall during patrol and took immediate measures to remove the security threat within 12 hours of identification.
• Identified irregularities, possible conflicts and safety hazards
• Approached suspicious persons on the premises and notified police as required
• Carried out periodic emergency call box checks
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
St Louis Community and Technical College, Denver, CO – 2010
Certificate II in Security Operations
City School, Denver, CO – 2009
High School Diploma
• Merchant Guard License, Denver, CO
• Willing to work in extreme weather conditions
• CPR and First aid certified