A well-crafted resume is important for every candidate applying for a Security Guard job. In fact, a good resume format with exact phrases and sections, has the potential to get you an interview. Alternately, a generic letter can substantially reduce the chances of getting the job of your dreams.
Security Guard Resume Formats
There are 4 common formats / types for a Security Guard’s Resume:
1. Chronological: Suitable for very experienced candidates. It focuses on applicant’s work history in a reverse chronological order.
2. Functional: This is a skills based format. It emphasize on applicant’s transferable skills as well as experience. This is best choice for career changers or those who have less or no experience.
3. Combination: It is the combination of both of the above formats. It provides relevant skills as well as details applicant’s work history.
4. Targeted: This format is customized to a Security Guard Job and written specially to deal with the employer’s needs. This type of resume usually begin with a targeted objective Statement. The resume will then revolve around your objective directly related to Security Guard position.
The following targeted resume sample for a security guard position is specifically designed to entice the attention of the reader. Feel free to modify it as per employer’s requirements.
Security Guard Resume Sample
|FRANCESCO ANDREW||Cell: (541) 999-9140|
Email: fran @ email . com
|244 Example West Street|
Houston, TX 65221
OBJECTIVE: Looking for a challenging position as a Security Guard at SEC Security utilizing a vigilant eye and extensive experience in security services to ensure the safety of people and property.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over 5 years’ diverse experience in security and law enforcement positions
• Texas Security Guard Training Certificate
• First Aid and CPR Certified
• Valid Drivers License and clean driving record
• Committed to ensure safety of assigned premises
SECURITY RELATED SKILLS
• Highly skilled in performing patrol duties within assigned areas to guard against theft, shoplifting, vandalism and fire
• Adept at handling emergency situations effectively; medical emergencies, accidents and other threats
• Hands-on experience in managing security systems in order to prevent theft, violence and vandalism
• Well-versed in using different alarms for security purposes
• Practical approach of observing all activities at premises and reporting any suspicious circumstances
• Oral, verbal and written communication abilities
• Bilingual – English and Spanish
• Exceptional attention to detail
SAFE Inc. – Houston, TX Dec 2007 – Present
• Patrol the premises and adjacent areas
• Direct traffic to and from the main building
• Perform safety inspections in order to flail off any negative activity
• Check identity cards of personnel before admitting into the building
• Investigate and report any nefarious activity
• Take necessary action on spot when needed
• Identified new positions for security cameras – Decreased potential threats by 40%
• Trained 20 new Security personnel
Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center – Patchogue, NY Jan 2007 – Dec 2007
• Controlled access to hospital premises, issued security passes and directed visitors to appropriate department
• Attended to persons/patients with special needs
• Patrolled assigned areas
• Ensured protection of children crossing roads
• Checked identification of visitors
• Operated security control-room equipment to monitor hospital activities
Houston Law College – Houston, TX
Associate Degree in Criminal Justice – 2007
• Capable of preparing detailed report and record
• Proven record of performing duties efficiently under stressful conditions