A well-crafted resume is important for every job seeker applying for a Security Guard job. In fact a good resume format with exact phrases and sections has the potential to get you an interview. On the other hand, a generic resume can substantially reduce the chances of getting the job of your dream.
Security Guard Resume Formats
There are 4 common formats/styles for a Security Guard’s Resume:
1. Chronological: Suitable for very experienced candidates. It focuses on applicant’s work history in a reverse chronological order.
2. Functional: This is a skills based format. It emphasize on applicant’s transferable skills as well as experience. This is best choice for career changers or those who have less or no experience.
3. Combination: It is the combination of both of the above formats. It provides relevant skills as well as details applicant’s work history.
4. Targeted: This format is customized to a Security Guard Job and written specially to deal with the employer’s needs. This type of resume usually begin with a targeted objective Statement. The resume will then revolve around your objective directly related to Security Guard position.
The following targeted resume samples for a security guard position are specifically designed to entice the hiring manager. Feel free to select one and modify it as per requirements of employer.
|FRANCESCO ANDREW||Cellular: (000) 999-9140|
Email: fran @ email . com
|244 Example West Street|
Houston, TX 65221
OBJECTIVE: Looking for a challenging position as a Security Guard at SEC Security utilizing a vigilant eye and extensive experience in security services to ensure the safety of people and property.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over 5 years’ diverse experience in security and law enforcement positions
• Texas Security Guard Training Certificate
• First Aid and CPR Certified
• Valid Drivers License and clean driving record
• Committed to ensure safety of assigned premises
SECURITY RELATED SKILLS
• Highly skilled in performing patrol duties within assigned areas to guard against theft, shoplifting, vandalism and fire
• Adept at handling emergency situations effectively; medical emergencies, accidents and other threats
• Hands-on experience in managing security systems in order to prevent theft, violence and vandalism
• Well-versed in using different alarms for security purposes
• Practical approach of observing all activities at premises and reporting any suspicious circumstances
• Oral, verbal and written communication abilities
• Bilingual – English and Spanish
• Exceptional attention to detail
SAFE Inc. – Houston, TX Dec 2007 – Present
• Patrol the premises and adjacent areas
• Direct traffic to and from the main building
• Perform safety inspections in order to flail off any negative activity
• Check identity cards of personnel before admitting into the building
• Investigate and report any nefarious activity
• Take necessary action on spot when needed
• Identified new positions for security cameras – Decreased potential threats by 40%
• Trained 20 new Security personnel
Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center – Patchogue, NY Jan 2007 – Dec 2007
• Controlled access to hospital premises, issued security passes and directed visitors to appropriate department
• Attended to persons/patients with special needs
• Patrolled assigned areas and kept an eye on suspected activities
• Ensured protection of children crossing roads
• Checked identification of visitors
• Operated security control-room equipment to monitor hospital activities
HOUSTON LAW COLLEGE – Houston, TX – 2007
Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice
• Capable of preparing detailed report and record
• Proven record of performing duties efficiently under stressful conditions
Member: National Association of Security Professionals
5622 Ivy Lane ● Plano, TX 49392 ● (008) 555-4444 ● david @ email . com
❖❖ SECURITY GUARD ❖❖
Verifiable track record of delivering exceptional security service.
SUMMARY: High-power IAHSS certified security professional with 4+ years of hands-on experience in protecting lives and property of clients. Familiar with basic security and civil law with demonstrated skills in exerting control over factors causing unrest. Current Driver’s License holder with reliable vehicle and clean MVR. Multilingual: English, French, Spanish.
CORE COMPETENCIES INCLUDE
|• Metal detector||• Security alarm handling||• Patrolling services|
|• Property security||• Entrance authorization||• Threat identification|
|• Emergency response||• Incident reporting||• Security cameras|
Security Guard | CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL, Denver, CO | 2012 to Present
Respond to security alarms and handle disturbances, monitor and authorize entrance and departure of visitors and staff. Call police and fire departments in case of emergency and ensure premises security at all times.
Patrolling officer | US SECURITY ASSOCIATES, Denver, CO | 2010 to 2012
Identified irregularities, possible conflicts and safety hazards. Approached suspicious persons on the premises and notified police as required. Carried out periodic emergency call box checks.
• Implemented a daily log keeping system that ensured 100% recording of all incidents taking place during duty hours.
• Identified a damaged wall during patrol and took immediate measures to remove the security threat within 12 hours of identification.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR SECURITY SERVICES, Denver, CO – 2010
Certificate II in Security Operations
ST. JOSEPH’S HIGH, Denver, CO – 2009
High School Diploma
• Merchant Guard License, Denver, CO
• Willing to work in extreme weather conditions
• CPR and First aid certified