Secretaries add a touch of professionalism to the office by ensuring that all work is done on time and the office runs smoothly. Some of the important job duties that a secretary is expected to perform includes answering telephones, arranging conferences, composing correspondence, greeting visitors and managing filing systems. This is not all that secretaries are expected to do. One of their major tasks is to manage executive calendars and maintain schedules.
Secretaries are not only important because they engender smooth office operations. They also provide an immense help to the staff of all departments within an organization. They receive and route mail, manage photocopying duties, schedule appointments, take dictation and coordinate conferences and meetings. Another important aspect of a secretary’s work is performing research work for different departments and assisting them in meeting their individual targets. One has to be absolutely hands-on with office work if one wants to be a successful secretary.
When you apply for this position, make sure that your resume brings results. Paying special attention to the resume objective can go a long way in bringing you the results that you want i.e. an employer’s attention. Take a look at some examples of resume objectives for a secretary’s position.
• Looking for a position as a Secretary at Enterprise Inc utilizing 6+ years’ successful track record of running a smooth office through precision and excellent clerical skills.
• Seeking a Secretary position with Harrington where knowledge of office administration, team building and effective communication skills can be utilized to facilitate smooth office operations.
• Desire a position as a Secretary with Sino Group. Offering expertise in general office management, handling correspondence and ability to facilitate departmental procedures to maximize the efficiency of office.
• To obtain a position as a Secretary with ITT Technical Institute. Bringing skills in scheduling appointments, handling clerical and reception work and knowledge of inter-departmental support procedures to contribute to the mission of company.
• To work as a Secretary at Tri Health making the most of the ability to work in a team fostered environment. Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills and the capability of working in a culturally diverse setting.