A cover letter for school secretary resume is the vital part of a job application.
In your letter; the salutation, opening and closing are extremely important. While the rest of the letter is quite important too, these three things are usually what the employer looks at when he skims through a cover letter.
Therefore it is very important to ensure that these three areas of a cover letter are given special attention.
You may get a better idea from the sample below.
School Secretary Cover Letter Example
3 Webster Locks Road
Rosendale, NY 33333
September 28, 2013
Ms. Felicity George
ABC High School
3112 Jefferson Avenue
Rosendale, NY 22222
Dear Ms. George:
I am extremely interested in a School Secretary position currently available at ABC High School. My motivated personality combined with my practical experience in providing secretarial services to three schools over an eleven year period makes me a perfect candidate for this position.
My proficiency in the following areas is a proof that I am a diligent individual who likes to get work done:
- Providing secretarial and clerical support for the school along with resolving operational issues
- Exercising initiative to perform work assignments
- Providing customer services, information and assistance to staff, students, parents and visitors
- Performing bookkeeping and accounting duties where necessary
- Monitoring school system security and key controls
- Coordinating special projects
- Ordering and maintaining supplies and equipment
This is just a short list of my capabilities – the enclosed resume will provide you with more details about my qualifications and capabilities.
As a knowledgeable and competent School Secretary, I would like to meet with you in order to discuss this position in detail. Please feel free to call me at 999-999-9999 if you need any additional information regarding my qualifications or credentials.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to meeting with you soon.