An oil technician or automotive lube technician tests a vehicle’s fluids and makes repairs when essential.
Oil Technicians check the oil levels in cars, commercial vehicles and trucks, in addition to performing relevant tasks such as status of tires, air filters, windshield wiper fluid, and brake fluid and engine coolant. They know how much of every fluid (and how much tire pressure) a vehicle requirements for good performance.
Following is a resume sample for oil technician resume for your assistance.
Apt 101, Atlanta Avenue, Peterborough, ON D5S 1C1
(609) 999-9999, Email Address
Profile: Highly-skilled oil technician with extensive experience in automotive industry eager to obtain the position with a busy vehicle maintenance center.
• Expert in engines troubleshooting
• Thorough understanding the purpose of each part and how it relates to a vehicle’s performance
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Basic math skills
ABX Car Care Company, Halifax, Nova Scotia | 2009 – Present
• Perform oil checks and oil changes in a variety of automotive vehicles
• Change oil transmission fluids while adhering vehicle maintenance standards
• Locate and correct faulty areas in the vehicle such as ignition, brake shoes and wheel bearings
• Tune auto engines for optimum performance
• Repair and maintain vehicle components such as air conditioners, carburetors and condensers
City Autos, Halifax, Nova Scotia | 2009 – Present
• Maintained dealership records
• Provided information to clients and recommended any needed maintenance regarding their vehicles
• Performed routine checks and repairs of all vehicles, including checking tire pressures and fluid levels
• Greased bearings, examined repairs and overhauled the brake systems
• Removed and replaced automobile leaf springs, tail pipes and mufflers
Post Graduate Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON – 2008