Modern resume writing for houseperson positions seems daunting but in reality it’s not as difficult as it seems. All you needs to do is stick to the basics of a resume and include only job relevant information.
Unnecessarily long and story-like resumes are not effective and are seldom read till the end.
Short and to-the-point resumes are much preferred over the old fashioned and lengthy ones these days.
John K. Anderson
Apt 151, Atlanta Avenue, Edmonton AB – S9R 6E9
(999) 999-9999, john @ email . com
An energetic and team oriented individual who is enthusiastic to join the Housekeeping team at upscale organization. Eager to contribute in employer’s effort to provide outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Six years of extensive experience in housekeeping and janitorial arena
• Exemplary customer service acumen with a great attention to detail
• Strong communication and organization skills
• Good physical condition; able to take or lift items weighing up to 75lbs and have to be able to push or pull approx 100 lbs
• Capable to complete 8 hour shift that includes repeated standing, walking, bending, and kneeling
Houseperson | PIER HOTEL – Houston, TX | 2006 – 2011
• Cleaned chosen public areas with the uppermost standards and attention to detail
• Sorted and delivered all used towels and linen to laundry facility
• Offered excellent guest service and standards that maintain and reflect Hotel’s Spa’s core values and initiatives
• Developed and uphold efficient and dynamic working relationships with all other departments in the hotel
• Assisted room attendants with supply requirements such as linens, towels, and amenities
• Maintained hygiene of floor storage areas and housekeeping carts
• Attended to all guest requests for delivery of housekeeping items in a appropriate and polite manner
Housekeeping Worker | EMBASSY SUITES – Phoenix, AZ | 2005 – 2006
• Greeted guests in a gracious manner
• Ensured cleanliness of designated areas including; restrooms, banquet/meeting/conference rooms
• Dusted and polished furniture and fixtures
• Maintained employer’s high standards of quality
• Stocked linen closets with amenities and supplies
• Emptied housekeeping carts
High School Diploma | CITY PUBLIC SCHOOL, Phoenix, AZ – 2002