So you are a qualified CNC machinist seeking a new job? You definitely need a killer resume to succeed in your job hunt since the job market is overcrowded with CNC machinists applying for work opportunities.
Here are some helpful tips for CNC machinist resume building:
• Layout: Choose a smart layout for your resume. Lengthy descriptions translate onto waste of time for the employer, avoid those. Instead use short bullets to communicate your skills and qualifications.
• Format: There are many formats for resumes available on the internet. Do not use a built in template but do select a format that can aid you in highlighting your best skills.
• Technical details: CNC machinist is a technical position. You must add information about your technical expertise but make sure you keep the language simple. Do not use too much jargon that it becomes difficult to comprehend.
Below are two resume samples for CNC Machinist for your guidance.
Related: CNC Operator Resume Sample
| 44 Hathaway Street • Britton, SD 45002
(006) 555 – 4444 • richard @ email. com
CNC MACHINIST ~ 8 YEARS
Equipped to continue excellence in CNC Machine operations.
Dexterous CNC expert with hands-on experience in blueprint interpretation and accurate machine set up. Full command over software and programming languages required to key up CNC machinery for specified automated functions.
• Competent in fine tuning of software to obtain desired quality of end product.
• Deep understanding of GD&T tolerance and G&M control codes.
• Known for ensuring quality and taking correctional measures accordingly.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|– CNC Troubleshooting||– Material Inspection||– Quality Control|
|– Machine Set-up||– Bench Gauging||– Downtime Reduction|
|– Preventive Maintenance||– Production Paperwork||– Orthographic Designs|
|– Engineering Plans||– Process Verification||– Plan Interpretation|
✔ Reduced annual cost on machine repairs by 50% through proactive and vigilant preventive maintenance.
✔ Timely detected and rectified an error in programming of a newly set up machine for cutting and threading which could have proved to be fatal for the equipment if gone unnoticed.
✔ Implemented safe and effective tool operating procedures at the factory.
✔ Mentored and coached a team of 20+ employees and enhanced their work efficiency by 45%.
CNC Machinist | ENTEK, Britton, SD 9/2011 to Present
• Respond to design demands by varying the software input.
• Trouble shoot faulty software issues to rectify the operation.
• Set up new CNC machines and install required specifications in the equipment.
CNC Helper | WALCO TOOLS, Britton, SD 6/2007 to 8/2011
• Assisted the CNC engineers in blue print interpretation.
• Conducted debugging tasks for new and old software.
• Carried out the metrics and mathematical conversions required to obtain the desired and specified final product quality.
VOCATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Britton, SD, 2007
Diploma in CNC Operation
I never worked with a more technical and energetic CNC Machinist.
– Sara Collins, Manager.
88 Iris Road | Lewes, DE 72663 | (901) 922-9009 | Email
CAREER OBJECTIVE: Seeking a position as a CNC Machinist with Eaton Corporation using profound skills in handling CNC machinery and exceptional knowledge of manufacturing procedures
• Nearly seven years of experience as a CNC Machinist with Triumph Group
• Exceptionally skilled in axis CNC machining, tooling and fixtures
• In depth knowledge of drawing interpretation
• Hands on experience in calculating and setting up machine controls according to production type
• Able to read and interpret blueprints effectively
• Proven ability to develop and implement ideas that are resourceful, gainful and quality orientated
• CAM software including Mastercam
• MS Office Applications
• Ability to lift heavy objects
• Knowledge of tool holders and cutting tools
• Proven ability to follow instructions
• Strong finger dexterity
• Basic math skills
• Excellent communications skills
Triumph – Lewes, DE Apr 2006 – Sep 2012
• Participated in a series of interactive programs that promoted proactive team efforts designed to achieve departmental missions
• Trained a group of new employees as CNC Machinists in record time for the new production plant
• Set up and operated most CNC machines
• Adjusted machines and tools to achieve blueprint requirement
• Set up raw materials onto the machines
• Run and edited programs
• Checked levels of lubricating fluid
• Corrected defects as and when required
• Performed quality control procedures
Lewes City School, Lewes, DE – 2005
High School Diploma