Chemistry is a fascinating subject and many people around the world pursue careers as chemists in different capacities. There are many positions that you can work on depending on your educational background and interest in chemistry. Some may be nuclear chemists, textile chemists and others will work as cosmetic and production chemists.
On a genera note, chemists study chemicals in order to integrate them with other materials to create specified products. A degree in chemistry is obviously an important part of this job and experience with working with chemicals in a safe manner is an added plus.
The following resume for chemist job can be used as a sample for writing your own.
Chemistry Resume Example
738 Shelton Beach Road, Saraland, AL 78300
(999) 999-9999, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a position as a Chemist at Holly Frontier Corporation where I can use my knowledge of chemical procedures and elements to manage assignments effectively for the lab.
• Six years of experience working as a Chemist
• Hands on experience in operating chromatographs with precision
• In depth knowledge of conducting standard and varied tests on raw materials and intermediates
• Conversant with following established protocols to perform testing procedures
RELATED SKILLS AND STRENGTHS
• Working knowledge of laboratory tests and equipment
• Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
• Understanding of safe practices governing use of chemical compounds
• Ability to meet deadline in a time efficient manner
Creative Solutions, Saraland, AL – March 2007 – May 2013
• Perform routine testing for different assignments
• Study chemical elements and perform integration activities
• Manage test solutions and analyze compounds as instructed
• Compile test information and analyze outcomes
• Manage reports and document every procedure
• Write technical papers and manage standard for products and tests
Creative Solutions, Saraland, AL – February 2006 – January 2007
• Assisted in preparation of chemicals and compounds
• Provided assistance in working of chemistry assignments
• Worked with developing products and equipment as instructed
• Gathered research information for every procedure
• Managed maintenance on equipment as instructed
Masters in Chemistry – Alabama State University – 2006