When you enter into a store, you will most probably be greeted by a salesman. Salesmen assist customers throughout the purchase procedure by suggesting items and helping them locate required products. They are also expected to demonstrate product features for the benefit of the customers and ensure that they answer questions and queries put to them by customers.
Salesmen are an important part of any business owing to the fact that they provide customers with product information necessary to aide them in making purchase decisions. Possessing sales wisdom isn’t a quality that everyone has, which is why good salesmen are hard to come by. Employers have high standards when hiring people as salesmen and it is necessary for every applicant for this position, to draw attention to his sales skills especially when writing a resume.
If you are going to apply for this position, you may use the following resume as a sample to create your own.
Related: Salesman Cover Letter Sample
30 Peckyard Road, Hartford, KY 67390
Performance Summary: Energetic and results-oriented sales professional with 7+ years’ dedicated experience working in multicultural environments. Track record of promoting the company’s products and expanding sales transactions by assisting clients in their purchase decisions. Proficient in managing customer accounts and carrying out business development activities to attract new clients and retain existing ones.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills (English/Spanish)
• Professional demeanor
• Analytical and logical approach towards problem solving
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• “Can do” attitude with proven ability to deliver the best results
Salesman | Mold Solutions, Liverpool, KY M Mar 2009 – Present
• Greet customers as they enter into store and offer assistance
• Accompany customers to required aisles
• Provide advice on different products
• Assist customers in making selections
• Demonstrate product features to facilitate decision making
• Close sales and assist customers through the payment procedure
• Ensure that all product deliveries are made on time
• Increased sales by 22% in 12 months through building positive customer relations thus ensuring word-of-mouth marketing and recurring business
• Reorganized the customer feedback process thereby engendering constant feedback from customers to help make the system better
Sales Intern | Trimas – Auburn, IN Aug 2008 – Mar 2009
• Assisted customers in locating items in the store
• Provided information on products that customers showed interest in
• Performed customer information data entry activities
• Assisted in documenting sales and updating customer profiles
• Designed a feedback card for customers, the information from which was used as the basis of new sales and marketing strategies
• Offered a permanent salesman position following excellence in store assistance activities
Diploma: Hartford High School 2005