The basic purpose of a cover letter for a sales associate resume is to serve as a business transmittal for your whole job application package. It is intended to introduce your related traits, skills, accomplishments and experiences to the potential employer. A good cover letter automatically generates employer’s interest in viewing your complete job application and interviewing you accordingly.
Recruiters usually give a quick glance to the cover letter. When skimming through the cover letter, they examine if it is a generic letter or a personalized one specifically targeting to their company. They look closer to the job applications of candidates who have an enthusiasm to work specifically for their company. Therefore, mention your enthusiasm to work as a sales associate for a specific employer. If they are looking for someone who is customer-focused, results-driven and creative, then you ensure these traits are present in your cover letter.
Use the pattern below to build a workable letter for sales associate resume:
• Mention the source where you heard about the position
• State your strong interest in the prospective organization and praise its work
• Demonstrate your skills and expertise relevant to the sales associate’s job description
Body: Second and/or Third Paragraph(s):
• Relate your background with the position
• Highlight your relevant strengths to prove yourself a good match
• Mention how your qualifications and experiences would help you obtaining employer’s goals and mission
• Repeat your enthusiasm to work as a Sales Associate for the employer
• Ask for an interview at a mutually convenient time
• Tell them about your method of following-up your application (Telephone or email)
• Say thanks to the hiring manager for their time and consideration
Tip: Don’t forget to follow-up on your job application as mentioned in the letter.
122 Coney Road
Brooklyn, NY 87656
boris @ email . com
September 5, 2015
Mr. Fred Brent
Senior Manager (Sales)
998 Dunedin Cove
Brooklyn, NY 87432
Dear Mr. Brent:
I am very interested in the position of a Sales Associate at ABC Supermarket, as advertised on your website yesterday. My diverse background in customer service and sales arena makes me a perfect match for this position. I am confident that I stand poised to bring my skills and capabilities to your organization to contribute to your bottom line.
As noted on the enclosed resume, I am a career oriented individual with profound ability to handle all aspects of the sales department. My skills of engaging customers and delivering product information, so that their shopping experience is become an adventure, is something that I have banked on to increase sales over the last five years. Moreover, I possess sound judgment capability which assist me in professionally addressing customers’ concerns. Over and above, I am expert in maintaining appropriate stock levels, presenting stock for promotions and handling cash.
As an enthusiastic and results-driven Sales Associate, I’d like to meet with you in order to discuss this position in detail. I will call you next week to see if an interview could be arranged at the time of your convenience. If you have any questions before that time, I will be available at the phone number or email address mentioned above.
Thank you for your time and considering me for this magnificent opportunity of Sales Associate at ABC Supermarket.
3110 Bingley Apt ● Brooklyn, NY 54342 ● (008) 555-4444 ● fredrick @ email . com
September 5, 2015
Mr. Daniel Harvey
577 Valley Lane
Brooklyn, NY 54342
Dear Mr. Harvey:
“The complaining consumer presents a big opportunity for more business.”
I read this line in a motivational book for salesmen by Ziglar and ever since, I take each day at work as a challenge and I enjoy that extra challenge when a customer returns with a complain.
Your ad for sales associate vacancy at CitiTrends captured my attention since your job description perfectly complement my skills and experience. Moreover, like CitiTrends’ mission, I believe that it takes more than the gift of gab to sell. I take pride in being a sales professional and bring a track record of providing exceptional customer service.
Following are a few of my accomplishments that speak of my candidacy as a sales associate:
• Simplified routine sales tasks which enhanced overall customer satisfaction at the allocated section by 50%.
• Rearranged merchandise optimally and labeled the shelves – which made shopping a lot easier for the customers.
• Upsold a cosmetic product by developing and utilizing referral clientele.
• Implemented an electronic inventory mechanism that ensured availability of stock in the shelves and enabled timely procurement requests to be sent.
Furthermore, I offer remarkable PC skills and familiarity with brand projection techniques through social media. My abilities in merchandise stocking and display, inventory management, floor maintenance and cash handling coupled with immaculate customer dealing skills could prove to be a great asset to your team.
Mr. Harvey, I look forward to meeting with you in the near future to learn more about CitiTrends’ goals and how I might contribute to your success. Thank you for your time and consideration.