Working in sales profession entails a lot from an individual because it is probably one of the most demanding jobs in the world. A sales assistant, for instance, is required to assist customers with choices on what they can buy and to generally provide customers with an excellent shopping experience.
Your resume for sales assistant position is a brief summary of your education, relevant experience, attributes and accomplishments. In fact, this document is a great marketing tool to persuade your reader to call you to an interview!
Let us see what a less experienced sales assistant resume should contain in terms of sections and content.
992 Utica Avenue, Lorain, OH 63534
Cellular: (000) 922-9999, Email:
OBJECTIVE: Looking for a Sales Assistant position at Kranberry bringing hands-on experience in sales along with strong work ethics to provide customers with a perfect shopping experience.
• Worked as a Sales Assistant for over 1 year
• Exceptionally well versed in providing enthusiastic and knowledgeable sales guidance to customers
• Hands on experience in reviewing expired accounts and communicating with customers regarding timely payments
• Special talent for processing sales reports
• Provided progressive retail sales support upping sales by 20% in one year
• Orchestrated smooth flow of sales operations by introducing “Sales as an Art” training sessions
October 2015 – Present
Market Place – Lorain, OH
• Assist customers with sales decision by providing real time services
• Process sales leads and assure they are directed to the right member
• Perform trade shows follow up activities
• Coordinate and process advertising contracts and internal work orders
• Track production activities of accounts
• Create and update sales presentations
• Coordinate daily with other departments in order to ensure smooth execution of sales orders
University of Ohio, Lorain, OH – 2014
Bachelor of Business Administration
Major: Sales and Marketing
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to multitask and prioritize work accordingly
• Resourceful with profound ability to work under tight deadlines