Building an entry level resume when experience is scanty and all you have to flaunt is perhaps a summer internship or may be some volunteer work, a skills based / functional resume is what you need.
This kind of resume is tailored to draw the reader’s focus onto the candidate’s skills and knowledge rather than work history.
Following is an entry level sales associate resume with no experience for your guidance.
17 Cherry Tree Lane, Seattle, WA 67334
☏ (003) 222-4444, (004) 666-5555 ✉ richard . forman @ email . com
Customer Service…Selling….Merchandising….Retail Operations
Profile: Energetic, customer-centered individual seeking to become a part of the winning sales team of Vivian’s Cosmetics. Offers extensive training and acquired skills in sales enhancement and management to exceed the sales targets.
M.B.A – Sales & Marketing | NORTHWEST UNIVERSITY, Seattle, WA – 2015
B.A Business Economics | PROFESSIONAL COLLEGE, Seattle, WA – 2013
|STRENGTHS AND KNOWLEDGE|
|• POS system||• Complaint processing||• Conflict resolution|
|• Cashiering||• Product promotion||• Inventory management|
|• Product display||• Online sales promotion||• Client retention|
|• Store maintenance||• Referral business||• Bilingual: English/Spanish|
QUALIFICATIONS IN SALES
• Ability to project product information and specifications via presentations
• Knowledge of planning, designing and launching promotional campaigns for new products within limited budget
• Skilled in analyzing customer’s feedback and communicating the same to the senior managerial level
• Well-versed in conducting market competency analysis and devising sales and campaign designs accordingly
Sales Intern | BEST BUY, Seattle, WA | Summer 2015
• Dealt with customers and guided them regarding the product specifics
• Maintained record of sales in a computer based software
• Handled customer complaints and processed refunding or item replacing requests on daily basis
• Designed a sales campaign for launching of the cosmetic’s section at the store
• Issued monthly sales report along with productive recommendations for enhancing sales
• Exceeded the sales target set for the month of August by the store management
• MS Office Applications • Windows / Macintosh • QuarkXPress
• Excellent persuasive skills
• Matchless convincing power coupled with motivation to enhance the hiring company’s sales
• Time management and multitasking