A resume is a necessary document for each and every job seeker irrespective of the profession being sought. Although some recruiters provide an online application form to replace the resume, yet asking for resume is common practice in the USA and Canada till date and it is very important to portray your best self in your resume. Resume is an expression of you; your achievements and potential.
Resumes for all professions must be creatively crafted, but the resume of a sales person needs extra effort. The manners with which you market your skills and potential in your resume speak a lot about your sales and marketing skills. A sales resume should be a creative and unique document in order to compete with hundreds of resumes.
Following is a sample Car Salesman Resume based on the prevalent general chronological resume format in the USA.
Car Salesman Resume Sample
33 Rose Avenue, Boston, MA 02109
Phone: (000) 544.3666, Email: d.hway @ email . com
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a car sales position, employing professional persuasive, marketing and communication skills coupled with expert automobile consultancy; with the target of enhancing organizational revenue.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over 3 years’ experience in automobile sales industry
• Persuasive personality with sufficient knowledge of a diverse range of cars
• Demonstrated ability to deal with and communicate with clients effectively by understanding their needs and recommending them the best available option keeping in mind the organizational interests at the same time
• An effective team player with the ability to motivate and gear up the sales team to achieve organizational targets
Automobile Sales Associate | Go Gary Cars, Minneapolis, MN | Dec 2010 – Present
• Enhanced dealership and increased the company’s revenue by 20% in the first year.
• Dealt with customers directly, catering for their needs and placing orders accordingly.
• Worked closely with the operations and finance team to lay out installment plans for leasing of cars.
• Took responsibility for test drives, pre-payment inspections and all sales record keeping.
• Introduced automobile accessories, explained warranties and all after-sale services to clients.
• Attended various on the job trainings on sales and marketing.
Car Salesman | (Das Autos, Plymouth, MN) | May 2009 – Dec 2010
• Built a good rapport with all clients and referred them to the sales manager for sale deals
• Served as an active member of the promotional/ marketing team whose agenda was to attain a certain monthly sales targets
• Exhibited great knowledge of cars and their purchase and maintenance costs via various comparative presentations of different available car options in a certain price bracket
BS Business Administration (2008)
Minnesota State University, Moorhead (MSUM)
• Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills along with expertise in promotion and projection of a project
• Proved ability to reach difficult sales target set by the organizational heads
• Ample knowledge about car leasing and financing
• A self motivated individual with exceptional communication skills and a very strong negotiating power