Room attendants are usually employed by hotels, restaurant and private homes. They take care for of rooms and keep the assigned area clean, neat and ready for guests. The duties of room attendant include:
• Replacing stocks of guest supplies like shampoo and soap
• Changing towels and bed linen
• Replenishing drinks in the mini-bar
• Making beds
• Dusting and polishing furniture
• Vacuuming floors
Following is a basic sample of cover letter and resume for a room attendant position.
Room Attendant Cover Letter Sample
551 Example Street
Edmonton, AB E9R 3W9
January 16, 2016
Ms. Ana Davis
Wild Dinner House
764 Ada Blvd.
Edmonton, AB 2V8 X9Q
Dear Ms. Davis:
I am very interested in joining your hotel as a room attendant, an opportunity which was advertised on your website yesterday. This is the position which directly relates to my qualifications and experiences.
As noted on my resume, I am highly skilled in cleaning and stocking guest rooms to ensure hotel’s high standards of cleanliness. I am rapid on my feet, considerate to keeping tables dirt free and organized, able to manage supplies in sequence, and always ready to provide water, bread and butter and other necessary room services.
Furthermore, I have a proven ability to communicate in English and French, a self-starting personality with a cool nature. My knowledge of chemical cleaning agents and ability to operate various cleaning equipment makes me an exceptional candidate for this positios.
As an competent and highly-motivates Room Attendant, I will like to meet with you personally to discuss this position in detail. I will call you next week to follow-up and possibly arrange an interview. You may call me at (000) 321-3003 in the interim.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Room Attendant Resume Sample
551 Example Street, Edmonton, AB E9R 3W9
(000) 321-3003, [Email Address]
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a position as a Room Attendant with ABC Hotel. Offering great hospitality, cleaning and customer service skills to perform related tasks in a fully organized manner.
KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Highly skilled in cleaning and sanitizing rooms and lobbies
• Able to take orders from guests timely and efficiently
• Enthusiastic to work in day, night and weekend shifts
• Computer – MS Office Word and Excel
• Vigorous personality and a friendly attitude
• Outstanding people skills
• Able to lift more than 50 pounds
• Bilingual – English and French
Star Hotels & Resorts – Edmonton, AB | May 2007 – Present
• Stock and systematize cleaning cart ad linen closets on assigned floors
• Perform laundry operations and cleaning duties
• Clean bathroom, restroom and bedroom areas in compliance with the established standards
• Perform other assigned tasks
ABC Bar – Calgary, AB | July 2006 – May 2007
• Made beds and changed linen
• Replenished guest amenities and supplies
• Removed garbage from rooms and lobby
• Reported problems, and lost and found articles to supervisor
• Cleaned and maintained overall look of guest rooms
• Moped and waxed floors
• Swept and vacuumed floors and carpets
• Cleaned and dusted appliances and furniture
• Brushed, dusted and polished fixtures
• Cleaned tubs, showers, sinks and lavatory items
High School Diploma • Edmonton High School, Edmonton, AB – 2005