Retail cashiers work in a variety of settings: where there are things to be sold, there are retail cashiers. Retails cashiers are responsible for maintaining a first contact with customers. They assist customers with purchases and ring their bills. A resume for a retail cashier will include a candidate’s skills to be able to handle both the till and customers.
This sample of resume for retail cashier position will provide you with a great opportunity to write your resume in an effective manner.
8837 Pearl Street | Paterson, NJ 83839 | (900) 919-9999 | willian @ email . com
Eager to ensure customers leave the premise with a positive experience.
CAREER OBJECTIVE: Seeking a position as a Retail Cashier with Kmart utilizing experience on the till and profound ability to remain customer-focused in a retail environment.
• Over three years of experience working as a cashier in retail settings
• Highly skilled in operating cash registers and adding machines
• In depth knowledge of assisting customers in merchandise selection and bagging
• Hands on experience in maintaining inventory and stocking procedures
• Computer: Retail POS Software, MS Office Suite
• Bilingual: English and Polish
• Handled extremely irate customers with complaints regarding the store’s stock by providing special discounts and offers
• Incorporated a highly complex receipts system into the existing system effectively
June 2009 – Present
Hyper Market – Paterson, NJ
• Take payments in exchange of items sold
• Operate adding machine and cash register
• Assist customers with decision making on purchases
• Up-sell items as and when deemed necessary
• Maintain inventories and stocks
• Manage store displays as instructed
• Collect deposits and prepare delivery records
CITY HIGH SCHOOL, Paterson, NJ – 2008
High School Diploma
• Ability to multitask effectively
• Good communication skills
• Familiar with adding machines
• Excellent math skills
• Ability to apply common sense as and when needed
• Customer focused
• Exceptional organizational skills