A Front Desk Clerk Resume is a concise summary about your objective, key qualifications/skills, core strengths, accomplishments and anything regarding your personal traits and experience which can spark prospective employer’s interest in order to give you an interview call.
Front desk clerks usually work at hotels, motels, resorts and other hospitality settings. This is the most important position of the front office team in any kind of organization. They are accountable for greeting and serving guests in a courteous, efficient and pleasant manner and promoting professional environment at all times. In order to get this position, you will be required having excellent computer and cash handling skills, ability to stand for extended periods of time; present a sociable, outgoing, lively and guest service oriented demeanor. In addition, you should have a high school diploma / GED and be willing to work in a variety of shifts including holidays.
It is necessary that you know about resume writing and what are the good skills to put on your Front Desk Clerk resume. Use only those skills which are most relevant to job.
Here are a number of examples of skills to utilize as it is for your resume. These bullet statements are also suitable for Summary of Qualifications or Strengths section of your resume.
Front Desk Clerk Skills / Qualifications / Strengths for Resume
• Highly skilled in greeting, registering, and assigning rooms to guests
• Proven ability to assist guests with room booking, changing and cancelling reservations
• Adept at computing bills, collecting payments, and making change for guests
• Hands-on experience in keep records of room availability and guests’ accounts, manually and by means of computers
• Well versed in performing simple bookkeeping activities including balance of cash accounts
• Able to confirm customers’ credit, and establish how the customer will pay
• Demonstrated ability to review accounts and charges with guests for the period of the check out procedure
• Extremely capable of answering inquiries related to hotel services, registration of guests, and shopping, dining, leisure, and travel directions
• Special talent for posting charges of rooms, food, liquor, or telephone calls to ledgers by hand and by means of computers
• Demonstrated expertise in providing and ensuring high-quality guest relations
• Knowledge of advising housekeeping staff when rooms are ready for cleaning
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Dedicated and careful—high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Fluent in English and Portuguese
• Computer: MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint