Front desk clerks work at hotels, motels, resorts and other hospitality settings. This is the most important position of the front office team in any kind of organization. They are accountable for greeting and serving guests in a courteous, efficient and pleasant manner and promoting professional environment at all times.
In order to get this position, you will be required having excellent computer and cash handling skills, ability to stand for extended periods of time; present a sociable, outgoing, lively and guest service oriented demeanor. In addition, you should have a high school diploma / GED and be willing to work in a variety of shifts including holidays.
A resume for front desk position is a concise summary of your objective, key qualifications/skills, core strengths, accomplishments and anything regarding your personal traits and experience which can spark prospective employer’s interest to give you an interview call.
It is necessary that you know about resume writing and what are the good skills to put on your Front Desk Clerk resume. Use only those skills which are most relevant to job.
Here are a number of examples of skills to utilize as it is for your resume. These bullet statements are also suitable for ‘Summary of Qualifications’ or ‘Strengths’ section of your Front Desk Clerk Resume.
• Highly skilled in greeting and registering guests, and assigning them appropriate rooms
• Proven ability to assist guests with room booking, changing and reservations cancelling
• Adept at computing bills, collecting payments, and making change for guests
• Hands-on experience in keep records of room availability and guests’ accounts manually and by means of computers
• Well versed in performing simple bookkeeping activities including balance of cash accounts
• Able to confirm customers’ credit and establish how the customer will pay
• Demonstrated ability to review accounts and charges with guests for the period of the check out procedure
• Extremely capable of answering inquiries related to hotel services, registration of guests, and shopping, dining, leisure, and travel directions
• Special talent for posting charges of rooms, food, liquor, or telephone calls to ledgers by hand and by means of computers
• Demonstrated expertise in providing and ensuring high-quality guest relations
• Knowledge of advising housekeeping staff when rooms are ready for cleaning
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Dedicated and careful—high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Fluent in English and Portuguese
• Computer: MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint