Being an event coordinator is a very practical job. Your people skills need to be excellent, because people are what you’ll be dealing with. So when you write your objective statement in your resume, it has to reflect what you are, and why you’re the right person for the job.
First, let’s see what exactly an event coordinator has to do and be.
• As an event coordinator, your whole world is made up of deadlines. You have to organize events for a specific time and place, and if you’re not organized, well, you’re in trouble. So the first thing your objective statement has to reflect is your organizational ability;
• Are you good in writing proposals? You will have to be, to be able to share your vision with a potential client;
• You’ll have to be good at marketing, because you’ll have to market the event you’re planning to organize;
And we come back to our original premise. How are your people skills? First and foremost, you have to be good at dealing with people.
Now, how do we turn all this into an objective statement that doesn’t span the length of the resume itself? Let’s see:
For Experienced Candidates
• Discipline and extroverted professional seeking an Event Coordinator position with AEG Management Oakland utilizing abilities to coordinate, execute and host events and bringing the community together.
• Seeking a position as an event coordinator with Florida State College making the most of my budgeting, negotiation, drafting and communication skills.
• A position as an events coordinator with EarthFare. Bringing 7 years’ firsthand experience in determining event strategy, scope, goals, budgets and metrics and to create and deliver innovative, strategic and effectual event solutions.
• Looking for a position as an events coordinator at Elgin Community College where I will be able to make use of my liaison abilities in addition to my exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills, to coordinate events effectively.
For Entry Level Candidates
• Offers significant interpersonal skills to plan and organize events for Premier Promotions. Eager to increase customer’s loyalty as well as profits.
• To work for XYZ company as Event Coordinator. Bringing exceptional skills in marketing, organizing and planning large and small events.
• To work for ABC company as an Event Coordinator utilizing aesthetic sense to execute successful events.