Wait just one minute before you begin typing up your resume. Think. What position are you applying for? Are you qualified enough to work at this position? Do you understand the requirements well? Does the position that you are applying for consists of more roles than one, in different industries? Which industry are you applying to? Is the position for an entry level, somewhat inexperienced individual or for one with high experience?
This is the analysis part. And this part is what will provide you with tremendous help in writing your resume correctly. To make things easier to understand, let us take the example of a food service assistant resume. If you were to apply for this position, how would you go about it? For starters, it is important to determine what a food service assistant actually is. While in some industries, a food service assistant does meal planning and ensures nutritional value is added to meals, mostly, a food service assistant works at the entry level, where his basic job is to serve food to people in cafeterias in hospitals and schools.
To understand how to write a resume for this position, here is an example that you can follow:
321 Coville Drive ● Browns Mills, NJ 66961 ● (000) 458-9999 ● elicoo @ email .com
FOOD SERVICE ASSISTANT
SUMMARY: Well-organized and dedicated individual with deep insight into handling food service duties in a cafeteria environment. Able to effectively assist in handling food preparation duties according to set recipes and ensure customer satisfaction through delivery of exceptional customer services.
• Competent in handling order taking duties by verifying orders and noting them down accurately
• Proven record of presenting, arranging and serving food and beverages in a professional and aesthetically pleasing manner
• Comprehensive insight into following set policies and procedures regarding workplace safety and sanitation
• Able to efficiently operate and maintain equipment such as ovens, grills and coffeemakers to ensure delivery of prompt service
|• Food Storage||• Record-keeping||• Inventory Management|
|• Workplace Sanitation||• Waste Disposal||• Equipment Operation|
|• Serving Etiquette||• Order Taking||• Upselling|
BROWN MILLS HIGH SCHOOL, Brown Mills, NJ (6/2015 to 11/2015)
• Greeted students, parents and staff members and took and recorded their orders
• Provided timelines for order deliveries and followed up on each order from the kitchen staff
• Filled glasses with water and ensured that al condiments were available on tables
• Served food and beverage items and took orders for additional ones
• Cleaned and sanitized tables and work surfaces and ensured that all equipment such as coffeemakers and ovens were properly cleaned and maintained
• Assisted in preparing food items such as sandwiches and soups, especially during rush hours
BROWN MILLS HIGH SCHOOL, Brown Mills, NJ – 2015
High School Diploma