A receptionist is accountable for providing customer service, secretarial, clerical and administrative support with the purpose of ensuring that company’s front office is functioning in effective and efficient manner.
A resume for receptionist position contains a number of sections such as objective or profile, summary of qualifications, core competencies/areas of expertise, accomplishments, employment history, skills, education, and additional information.
The following phrases will help you writing skills and experience/employment section of a receptionist’s resume.
You may use these statements either in skills, qualifications or strengths section of your resume.
• Highly skilled in greeting visitors and directing them to the right person or section
• Well-versed in managing guests book and issuing security passes
• Hands-on experience in giving information to visitors and answering their questions
• Proven record of answering/forwarding calls and taking messages
• Demonstrated ability to deal with phone and email inquiries
• Able to maintain an organized reception area
• Comprehensive knowledge of organizing reading material in the waiting area
Following job duties statements of receptionist are given in past tense. If you want to write description of your current reception job in your resume, you should convert these bullet phrases into present tense. Select only these items which are most relevant to the employer’s requirements.
• Greeted, assisted and directed guests, workers, visitors and the general public
• Answered all incoming calls and handled caller’s inquiries
• Provided office support services so as to ensure efficiency
• Responded to guests and public inquiries
• Received, directed and passed on telephone fax messages
• Directed employees, guests and general public to the right staff member
• Maintained a sufficient record of office supplies
• Provided word-processing and clerical support
• Picked up and delivered the mail
• Maintained the common filing system and file all letters
• Coordinated the repair and maintenance of office supplies
• Provided administrative services to the office manager