A receptionist provides front end customer service in addition to secretarial, clerical and administrative support to ensure that company’s front desk functions in effective and efficient manner.
A resume for receptionist position contains a number of sections such as objective or profile, summary of qualifications, core competencies/areas of expertise, accomplishments, employment history, skills, education, and additional information.
The following phrases will help you write skills and experience section of a receptionist’s resume.
• Highly skilled in greeting visitors and directing them to the right person or section
• Well-versed in managing guests book and issuing security passes
• Hands-on experience in giving information to visitors and answering their questions
• Proven record of answering/forwarding calls and taking messages
• Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with phone and email inquiries
• Able to maintain an organized reception area
• Comprehensive knowledge of organizing reading material in the waiting area
• Greeted, assisted and directed guests, workers, visitors and the general public
• Answered all incoming calls and handled caller’s inquiries
• Provided office support services so as to ensure efficiency
• Responded to guests and public inquiries
• Received, directed and passed on telephone fax messages
• Directed employees, guests and general public to the right staff member
• Maintained a sufficient record of office supplies
• Provided word-processing and clerical support
• Picked up and delivered the mail
• Maintained the common filing system and file all letters
• Coordinated the repair and maintenance of office supplies
• Provided administrative services to the office manager