A caregiver is an individual who assists the disabled or elderly by performing day by day household tasks and errands. Caregivers usually visit clients in their homes.
In order to get a job of a caregiver, you have to prepare an eye-catching resume to persuade the employer to call you for interview. A well-crafted resume for caregiver position usually contains some standard sections including; objective, summary of qualifications, experience, accomplishments and education.
Following are some standard duties of a caregiver which might be included in the employment or experience section of your resume.
Caregiver Job Description and Duties for Resume
• Help clients or residents with the Activities of Daily Living
• Perform personal care activities; hygiene, ambulation, eating, dressing, toileting and shaving
• Talk and give company to clients and participate in resident activities
• Prepare hygienic meals and snacks for clients
• Provide clients or residents with transfers and assist them moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs or cars
• Change bed linens, clean and iron residents’ laundry and assist keep residents’ room, cabinet, and dresser drawers neat and clean
• Maintain a specialized approach to responsibilities such as uniform, start times and absenteeism
• Take and record vital signs
• Create and maintain a pleasant work environment
• Help with sanitation and housekeeping duties of elderly or client’s room, bathroom, and common area
• Perform household tasks; laundry, shopping, errands and transportation
• Implement and support resident care-plan