A caregiver assists the disabled or elderly clients by performing personal care and household tasks and running errands. Caregivers usually care for clients at their homes or assisted living facilities.
In order to get the job as a caregiver, you have to prepare an eye-catching resume in order to persuade the employer to call you for interview. A well-crafted resume for caregiver position usually contains some standard sections including; objective/profile, core competencies/qualifications, experience, accomplishments and education.
Following are some standard duties of a caregiver which might be included in the employment or experience section of your resume.
• Help clients or residents with the activities of daily living
• Perform personal care tasks; hygiene, ambulation, eating, dressing, toileting and shaving
• Talk with clients, give them companionship while participating in resident activities
• Prepare hygienic meals and snacks for clients
• Provide transfers assistance by moving clients in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs or cars
• Change bed linens, clean and iron laundry and assist in keeping room, cabinet, and dresser drawers neat and clean
• Maintain a specialized approach to responsibilities such as uniform, start times and absenteeism
• Take and record vital signs
• Create and maintain a pleasant work environment
• Help with sanitation and housekeeping duties of client’s room, bathroom, and common areas
• Perform general household tasks including laundry, shopping, errands and transportation
• Implement and support resident-care plans