A caregiver is an individual who assists the disabled or elderly by performing day by day household tasks and running errands. Caregivers usually care for clients at their homes or assisted living facilities.
In order to get the job of a caregiver, you have to prepare an eye-catching resume to persuade the employer to call you for interview. A well-crafted resume for caregiver position usually contains some standard sections including; objective, summary of qualifications, experience, accomplishments and education.
Following are some standard duties of a caregiver which might be included in the employment or experience section of your resume.
Caregiver Job Description and Duties for Resume
• Help clients or residents with the Activities of Daily Living
• Perform personal care activities; hygiene, ambulation, eating, dressing, toileting and shaving
• Talk and give company to clients and participate in resident activities
• Prepare hygienic meals and snacks for clients
• Provide clients or residents with transfers assistance by moving them in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs or cars
• Change bed linens, clean and iron residents’ laundry and assist keep residents’ room, cabinet, and dresser drawers neat and clean
• Maintain a specialized approach to responsibilities such as uniform, start times and absenteeism
• Take and record vital signs
• Create and maintain a pleasant work environment
• Help with sanitation and housekeeping duties of client’s room, bathroom, and common areas
• Perform genweral household tasks i.e.laundry, shopping, errands and transportation
• Implement and support resident-care plans