Conductors work in transport and freight companies where they are required to perform a variety of operations including supervising and coordinating train crews.
In order to get a Conductor’s job you need an effective resume which is scanable to the eye. It must be a targeted document which represent your suitability to the conductor position.
Following is a resume sample for this position that a candidate may use in order to apply for a job.
Conductor Resume Sample
490 Colonial Vlg, Amherts, MA 32520
(009) 999-9999, Email
CAREER OBJECTIVE: To work for Boise Valley Railroad as a Conductor utilizing skills in supervising and coordinating train crew activities in order to orchestrate smooth flow of train operations.
• Seven years of first-hand experience as a Conductor with CN Railroad Services
• Highly skilled in supervising the operations of trains assuming freight responsibilities
• Hands on experience in building trains according to rules and clients’ needs
• In depth knowledge of operating track switches and derails
• Profound ability to use hand tools
• Ability to perform basic mechanical repairs and maintenance
• Ability to work autonomously and adapt to various situations
• Good decision making skills
• Ability to analyze situations effectively
• Excellent verbal, reading comprehension and writing skills
• Achieved success in preventing a collision brought on by a major calculation mistake made by a staff member by managing shift changes effectively
• Introduced a complex system that involved automated interpreting and signal relaying in order to manage smooth train and engine movement
Conductor | CN Railroad Services – Amherts, MA | Nov 2005 – Present
• Conduct movement of rail cars
• Couple and uncouple cars as and when required
• Observe, interpret and relay arm or radio signals when needed
• Inspect train and equipment condition on a regular basis
• Couple air and electrical connections between locomotives
• Maintain records
• Throw track switches to facilitate shunting and tie handbrakes
• Observe signals from other crew members
GED | City School, Amherts, MA - 2004