Car Jockey Job Description
Car jockeys or Vehicle Service Attendants usually works with car dealers and vehicle rental companies. They play an important role in dealership’s lot by inspecting and maintaining vehicles, and keeping them clean and ready for sale/rent. They might be responsible for picking up and dropping off passengers as per requirements of employer. A car jockey is also known as a parking lot attendant and valet parker.
In order to become a successful Vehicle Service Attendant, the candidate should possess customer-focused approach and some know-how of general functioning of vehicles.
To get this job, you will need a well-written resume summarizing your relevant skills and capabilities. The following car jockey resume example will help you making your resume stand out.
Car Jockey / Vehicle Service Attendant Resume Sample
Apt 11, Example Avenue, Edmonton, AB S9R 6E9
(999) 999-9999, Email Address
CAR JOCKEY / VEHICLE SERVICE ATTENDANT
Success-driven and enthusiastic individual with 2 years’ experience in handling different types of vehicles. Well versed in maintaining, cleaning and inspecting vehicles. Familiar with local roads and city highways and expert in driving different types and sizes of vehicles. Possess a valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
● Track record of greeting clients and guests in a professional and friendly manner and providing excellent customer service
● Adept at conducting vehicle inspections
● Extremely capable of cleaning and maintaining vehicles
● Able to pick up and drop off customers
● Committed to perform general maintenance of the branch
Bubbles Car Wash & Detailing Centers Corp, Edmonton, AB | May 2008 – June 2011
• Inspected, moved and parked automobiles
• Directed customers to parking areas
• Collected and verified receipts
• Returned vehicles to customers
• Performed light cleaning
• Deal with clients in a polite and friendly manner
High School Diploma ● Edmonton High School | 2007
• Experience working inside a team environment
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Able to suggest and report any equipment that needs servicing or repairs
• Proven ability to speak and give customer service as required