There are a number of positions you can apply for in the special events category the most common being that of a planner. A special events planner is responsible for managing all aspects of an event including invitations, venue, catering, music and even hotel arrangements for guests.
Special Events Planners are responsible for overseeing all components of the event that they are managing. It is very hard work which is why a candidate chosen for this position may be scrutinized closely for suitability. Even though this position requires an individual to delegate most responsibilities, it is quite a job to manage and coordinate everything just perfectly.
If you are applying for a job in this category, you may need a little more than a conventional resume. While most information in resumes is standard, the resume objective needs to possess individuality. Here are a few examples of resume objectives for people working as special events professionals:
Special Events Resume Objective Examples
● Special Events Consultant position with Dave & Buster’s utilizing my extensive experience in outbound, ability to meet deadlines, and service and sales oriented approach
● Seeking a position as a Special Events Coordinator with Nirvana Events where I can put my six years of experience in coordinating activities and orchestrating the perfect event
● Looking for a position of Special Events Planner at JWD Events Management utilizing my skills in budgeting, negotiation and liaison activities in a highly simulating environment
● To work for Acme Events as a Special Events Coordinator, using my ability to arrange customer oriented events by applying strategic and effectual ideas
● To obtain a Special Events Manager position with Events Three Sixty. Offering innovative ideas and strategic marketing plans to organize an array of successful events
● Looking for a position as a Special Events Director with Events R Us, utilizing my significant interpersonal and organizational skills to plan diverse and highly engaging events