Drafters work in the construction arena where their main job is to draft designs by hand and computer upon which construction workers construct residential and commercial buildings.
Drafters create floor plans, elevations and other aspects of a building before the construction process begins in order to assist clients with design solutions. They work with software which is designed to assist them in creating meaningful drawings of how a construction project will look once completed. They may also assist clients with shopping for fabrication materials to ensure that the type of material being used is of good quality and will generally gel in with their designs.
The following objective examples will provide you with an idea on how to write one for your resume when applying for a job as a drafter.
Sample Objectives for a Drafter Resume
• Seeking a Drafter position with In-Design using proficiency in SolidWorks and excellence in hand drawing designs
• Desire a Drafter position with Construction Pro. Offering exceptional knowledge of assembly drawings in sync with Auto CAD and Civil 3D
• A Drafter position with Cooler Concepts utilizing experience in creating meaningful construction designs through CAD and expertise in machining techniques crucial to construction projects
• To obtain employment as a Drafter with Meditech using excellence in drawing layout plans for commercial construction projects
• To work as a Drafter for Cool Ridges. Bringing expertise in construction layouts drawing with the assistance of computer software