Before setting yourself to the task of writing an objective section for RN resume, it is crucial to understand when and why your resume needs one.
Although many resumes now begin with a profile or performance summary, but, in a number of cases recruiters like to see a career objective on the top. You should opt for one typically if you are a beginner or are switching jobs. If neither of the above reasons is applicable in your case yet you feel that you should have an objective, then consider including a two in one summary cum objective section.
Ideally, unlike the title suggests a career objective is employer centered rather than candidate centered. In your statement you have to summarize your value and how you intend to utilize it while addressing the employer’s requirements of the position rather than your expectations of the same. Remember, the more relevant your offer, greater will be the chances of being called for an interview.
The following objective examples have been written in diverse formats. You can get ideas about the various ways in which your career objective can be phrased. The core competencies vary from person to person and you can insert your strengths in place of the ones mentioned in the samples.
• Dynamic, top-performing nursing professional looking for a position as a Registered Nurse at Sava Senior Care. Very competent in administering medical procedures. Track record of working in a fast paced and stress oriented environment.
• Seeking a Registered Nurse position with Nashville Healthcare where I may be able to employ my skills in providing direct nursing care and making the most of compassionate personality to truly make a comfortable environment for patients.
• RN position with Coopers’ Hospital using keen sense of service orientation along with an innate ability to provide excellence in medical care.
• Highly qualified RN with 4 years of hands-on patient care experience to credit. Seeking a complementing role with Medixi Hospital. Expertise includes post surgical management and IV medical administration.
• Registered and well qualified nurse seeking a position in the ER Department of North West Hospital. Expert in patient assessment, wound dressing and surgery assistance.
• To obtain a full time nursing position with ABC Hospital. Offers 7 years of overall nursing experience including 2 years of experience as head nurse. Strengths include: knowledge of infection control protocols, canula passage, IV administration and patient recovery monitoring.
• A BSN holder, certified psychiatric nursing professional seeking an RN position in the psychiatry department of AAA Hospital. Bringing demonstrated ability to provide high quality bed side patient care and a special talent for counseling patients.
• Compassionate and friendly registered nurse with exceptional interpersonal skills and licensed to work in Florida. Seeking a position with the Gothic Hospital. Offering expertise in patient progress monitoring and medicine administration.
• Dedicated Registered Nurse with 6 years of hands on experience in the Emergency Room Management. Ability to remain calm during critical situations and intervene efficiently to handle crisis.
• To obtain an RN position with RGH Hospital where skills and training in post surgical patient monitoring combined with in depth knowledge regarding wound care and infection control protocol could be utilized for the well being of patients.
• Highly motivated Registered Nurse looking for a position at Family Health Care. Offering skills adhering to best nursing practices with a profound ability to care for patients on a psychological level.