Writing a resume of newly graduated nurse is a difficult task. For your ease, we have created an excellent resume example for a newly graduated Registered Nurse. This sample will guide you throughout your resume creation process.
As an entry level registered nurse, you might have a lack of experience or no experience at all, so you need to include externships, internships and any kind of honorary, volunteer or part time experience in your resume. To show your commitment and enthusiasm to nursing profession, you may also include other experiences while relating their job description to nursing profession.
Use this example in order to make your resume. Also include this RN Cover Letter as a supporting document.
New Grad Registered Nurse Resume Sample – Entry Level
Kelly Smith, R.N.
43 Example Street, Atlantic City, NJ 65555
(999) 999-9999, Kelly @ email.com
OBJECTIVE: To obtain a position as a registered nurse at Star Clinic continuing my commitment to provide excellent healthcare services while utilizing my education, skills, and internship experiences.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing | 2010
Concordia University College of Nursing | GPA: 3.25/4.0
✔ Major courses: Neuroscience nursing, honors nursing research, and alcohol and mental illnesses
✔ Obtained twelve-week psychiatric clinical training
NJ Community Hospital, Atlantic City, NJ | Nov 2010 – Jun 2011
Acute Rehabilitation Nursing Externship
• Provided total care to multicultural patients
St Peter Hospital, Atlantic City, NJ | Aug 2008 – Jan 2009
Rehabilitation Nursing Assistant
• Assisted patients recovered from amputations, cerebral vascular accidents; knee replacements and spinal cord injuries
• Worked together with members of an interdisciplinary team
• Carried out patient transfers, cauterizations and injury care
Madonna Heritage, Atlantic City, NJ | Dec 2007 – Jun 2008
• Assisted Nurses and patients in all kinds of work
• Helped senior citizens with daily living activities
Brood Day Care, Newark, DE | Summer 2007
Child Care Assistant
• Took care for children ages 6 months to 5 years
• Planned play activities appropriate to age of the children
Macy’s Christiana Mall, Newark, DE | Sep 2005 – Dec 2006
• Performed day to day sales transactions
• Provided customer service to multicultural population
• Communicated effectively with clients
HONORS AND AWARDS
• Best nursing student of the year award – 2010
MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
• Student Nursing Organization (SNO) | Member 2010 – Present
• Clinical Representative | 2008
• Volunteer, Fallston General Hospital | 2007-2008