A resume for school receptionist position is a logically-structured document which contains information about your qualifications and experience in a reverse chronological order. It needs to be short yet comprehensive document which contain the detail a candidate’s relevant traits.
It is an established fact that recruiters generally spend a few seconds to look through a resume. Therefore the need to impress them at the very beginning is prime concern in this scenario.
The following resume along with this cover letter for school receptionist will guide you how to build a complete job application set.
32 Augusta Drive, Benton, AR 422522
Contact #, Email
SUMMARY: Self-motivated and dependable individual with 3+ years’ progressive experience working as a receptionist in educational settings. Highly skilled in greeting visitors and guiding them appropriately. Competent at handling multi-line telephone exchange, processing incoming mail and answering queries of parents and visitors. Recognized for maintaining confidentiality of official documents.
• Computer: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Typing Speed: 60WPM
• Bilingual: English/Spanish
• Introduced and designed new set of forms and memos making the front-desk procedure smooth and friendly
• Played pivotal role in devising instructional material for new teachers
Learning Alliance – Benton, AR | Jan 2010 – Present
• Greet visitors as they enter into school office
• Answer and direct phones in a professional manner
• Process incoming mail
• Create, develop and maintain files
• Order and maintain supplies
• Supervise student workers
• Create plan for tracking lesson plans
• Maintain staff development information and catalogs
• Perform administrative duties as and when assigned
FROSCH – Houston, TX | Feb 2009 – Jan 2010
Front Desk Receptionist
• Greeted and assisted clients in a courteous and professional manner
• Answered and routed incoming telephone calls
• Prepared outgoing mail
• Sorted and distributed incoming mail
• Scheduled conferences rooms
• Maintained office inventory
• Performed general clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, typing, and maintaining database
• Updated contact list and addresses
A.S. in Sociology | City University, Benton, AR | 2008